Contribute
Register

RX 580 and Mojave Upgrade to ASUS Z170 Deluxe Skylake System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very strange problem. Maybe you can give me some advice. System Boots without problem but I get stuck on the Black screen when I try to access the BIOS. MoBo gives me A9 Code. And always I have to CMOS reset to access to the BIOS. After access the BIOS and make the necessary settings for Hackintosh, I try to enter the BIOS again and it stack again on the black screen.
System Specs: Rx 580, Asus Z170 deluxe (3801) i7-6700k. Monitör connect DP <-> DP.

Tried to updated to Catalina tonight... getting the apple logo with the loading bar stuck with very little progress... any ideas? I've read about creating a SSDT-EC.aml... I'll do more research tomorrow... so far I've tried...

Download new Kexts, put them on my Desktop and used Kext Beast to load them to L/E
  • AirportBrcmFixup.kext (2.0.6)
  • AppleALC.kext (1.4.7)
  • IntelMausiEthernet.kext (2.5.0)
  • Lilu.kext (1.4.2)
  • USBInjectAll.kext (0.7.3)
  • WhateverGreen.kext (1.3.7)
Downloaded and installed Clover v2.5k_r5102 UEFI
Ran the Catalina Update right from the built in Mac installer, restarted the first time and got stuck on the apple logo white loading bar.

Last edited:
Tried to updated to Catalina tonight... getting the apple logo with the loading bar stuck with very little progress... any ideas? I've read about creating a SSDT-EC.aml... I'll do more research tomorrow... so far I've tried...

Download new Kexts, put them on my Desktop and used Kext Beast to load them to L/E
  • AppleALC.kext (1.4.7)
  • Lilu.kext (1.4.2)
Ran the Catalina Update right from the built in Mac installer, restarted the first time and got stuck on the apple logo white loading bar.

You should move the kexts to Clover/Kexts/Other folder and run Kext Utility.

• AppleALC.kext (1.4.7)
  • Lilu.kext (1.4.2)

Just got everything solved... I did the above steps along with the following:

• Use Clover Configurator to Mount the EFI Partition, Open config.plist and add the following
    • ACPI > Patches > Comment "change EC0 to EC" | Find "4543305F" | Replace "45435F5F
  • Move SSDT-USBX.aml to EFI/Clover/ACPI/Patched
  • launched the updater dowloaded from the Apple store and followed the prompts
  • Checked all the USB ports, Everything seems to be working as it should, I'll report back if I find anything out of place
Screen Shot 2020-03-31 at 9.07.22 AM.png

Attachments

• SSDT-USBX.aml
    185 bytes · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back