Contribute
Register

RX 580 and Mojave Upgrade to ASUS Z170 Deluxe Skylake System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys talking about Advanced > Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Disabled

I've got mine set to disabled, and I don't have any problems with preview not working? But I'm also only running a single 4K monitor using the DisplayPort of the RX580
IGPU required for hardware encoding in software like final cut pro

Update: I generated a new SSDT-USB.aml according to wildwillow's guide since my USB ports layout on my case is similar to his/her, when I use ABaller's SSDT-USB.aml, two USB 2.0 ports on the front case were not working properly. I am using Fractal Design's Define R5 case for your reference.
I took a stab at rebuilding the SSDT file for the USB ports of our motherboard. I started from scratch and followed the RehabMan GUIDE... I attached the new file in my first post (SSDT-UIAC.aml). I am using both of the USB3 headers on the motherboard (USB3_12 and USB3_34), I'm not using any USB2 headers. Here is the decompiled version (with comments) if you are interested.
Code:
// "ABaller Configuration V3"
//
//
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "hack", "_UIAC", 0)
{
    Device(UIAC)
    {
        Name(_HID, "UIA00000")

Name(RMCF, Package()
        {
            "8086_a12f", Package()
            {
                "port-count", Buffer() { 26, 0, 0, 0 }, // Highest port number is SS07 at 0x17
                "ports", Package()
                {
                    "HS01", Package() // USB2 device from (side USB3_12) USB3 motherboard header, port <01 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 1, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS02", Package() // USB2 device from (side USB3_12) USB3 motherboard header, port <02 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 2, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS03", Package() // USB2 device from (bottom USB3_34) USB3 motherboard header, port <03 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 3, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS04", Package() // USB2 device from (bottom USB3_34) USB3 motherboard header, port <04 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 4, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS05", Package() // USB2 device from USB2 back Panel, port <05 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 0,
                        "port", Buffer() { 5, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS06", Package() // USB2 device on USB3 port back panel, port <06 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 6, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS07", Package() // USB2 device on USB2 motherboard header (Bluetooth), port <07 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 255,
                        "port", Buffer() { 7, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS11", Package() // USB2 from USB3 motherboard header, port <0b 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 11, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "HS12", Package() // USB2 from USB3 motherboard header, port <0c 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 12, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS01", Package() // USB3 from (side USB3_12) USB3 motherboard header, port <11 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 17, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS02", Package() // USB3 from (side USB3_12) USB3 motherboard header, port <12 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 18, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS03", Package() // USB3 from (bottom USB3_34) USB3 motherboard header, port <13 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 19, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS04", Package() // USB3 from (bottom USB3_34) USB3 motherboard header, port <14 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 20, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                    "SS06", Package() // USB3 from USB3 rear back panel, port <16 00 00 00>
                    {
                        "UsbConnector", 3,
                        "port", Buffer() { 22, 0, 0, 0 },
                    },
                },
            },
        })
    }
}
//EOF

ABaller, does AirPlay display mirroring work for you? I have a very similar setup, but mine doesn't seem to want to pop up in the top bar. AirPlay music casting works. I suspect I didn't do something right with the lilu+whatevergreen stuff.

Great reference. I will compare it with mine.

Do all USB 3.1 ports work at full speed now after the update?
All the Intel ports are working at USB 3.0 speeds, I don’t have a 3.1 device to check for that... I have kind of forgot about the ASMedia ports (the Aqua colored ones on the Back Panel). I read that you need the GenericUSBXHCI kext to make them work properly, and that it can cause other problems with Mojave... so I’m not going to worry about getting them to work

Are you guys talking about Advanced > Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Disabled

I've got mine set to disabled, and I don't have any problems with preview not working? But I'm also only running a single 4K monitor using the DisplayPort of the RX580

I recently did a clean Vanilla install after problematic 10.14.4 upgrade. Now sleep/wake is not working. Have you upgraded to 10.14.4 @ABaller?

I recently did a clean Vanilla install after problematic 10.14.4 upgrade. Now sleep/wake is not working. Have you upgraded to 10.14.4 @ABaller?

I'm sitting at 10.14.2 currently, I haven't had any problems lately... I'll work on updating soon. I'm in the middle of a project and can't risk taking my system down at the moment

I'm sitting at 10.14.2 currently, I haven't had any problems lately... I'll work on updating soon. I'm in the middle of a project and can't risk taking my system down at the moment
Thanks, man.

I suggest you wait and stick with 10.14.2 or 10.14.3. I still have sleep/hibernate/wake/power nap issue with 10.14.4 even after updated to AppleALC 1.3.6 and WhateverGreen 1.2.8.

Needs further testing to verify, but after adding darkwake=8, my sleep/wake/hibernate issue is working normally so far.

Update 2: I patched my Clover config.plist with FBName = Orinoco and Inject > ATI=true, and I can use my 4K LG TV as secondary display now. Will test if the wake from sleep/black screen issue is fixed.

Update: Still, no signal detected on monitor when waking from sleep. From WhateverGreen FAQ, I think this might be the cause of my problem:
  • Why can a highres DisplayPort-connected display fail to wake (e.g. some LG 4K models)?
    Sometimes AGDC configuration preference could be the case. For 4K and lower it makes sense to try disabling it by passing CFG,CFG_USE_AGDC — False (00) via SSDT or similar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back