Contribute
Register

RX 580 and Mojave Upgrade to ASUS Z170 Deluxe Skylake System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I successfully replaced my Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 with RX 580 Pulse 8GB and did a clean install of Mojave 10.14.2. It works better than my previous High Sierra 10.13.6 setup, iMessage works too. Thanks for sharing @ABaller.

Good to hear!! I'm glad the guide helped!

I'm having some trouble in paradise... I was noticing some lagginess (and audio cutting out) when I was using iTunes. I did a couple Geekbench tests and I don't think my system is where it should be... any ideas? I've already tried to set the Graphics>ig-platform-id to 0x19120000 and the buffer to Orinoco thinking it might be a frame rate buffer issue. That didn't fix anything. Like I mentioned in the post above, when doing the Geekbench graphics test or playing H.265 video the CPU is only around 15%

Geekbench | Single Core: 5,501 Multi Core: 18,267
OpenCL: 13,786

**ran openCL after a shutdown and restart and got 115,464 (same numbers on the CPU)

I'll keep hacking through the forums and keep this post updated with any solutions I find

I ended up RMA'ing my graphics card and replacing the displayport cable and that fixed my problem! Everything has been running great, huge thanks to @urpwsvr and @markoskz for helping me troubleshoot! I'm getting consistent ~140,000 Geekbench scores

Do any of you with similar setup tried connecting a second monitor via HDMI and got it working? I couldn't get my 4K LG TV to work when connected to the computer via HDMI port (my 4K primary display is connected via DisplayPort cable).

I might have an issue with Quicklook (and Preview) for viewing and opening image files. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thank you.
I having same problem by solved with setting BIOS enable IGPU rather than auto.

Update: I generated a new SSDT-USB.aml according to wildwillow's guide since my USB ports layout on my case is similar to his/her, when I use ABaller's SSDT-USB.aml, two USB 2.0 ports on the front case were not working properly. I am using Fractal Design's Define R5 case for your reference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.06.06.png
    Screen Shot 2019-01-22 at 11.06.06.png
    900.9 KB · Views: 107
That fixes the problem. Thanks @KW123.
Are you guys talking about Advanced > Advanced\System Agent (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Disabled

I've got mine set to disabled, and I don't have any problems with preview not working? But I'm also only running a single 4K monitor using the DisplayPort of the RX580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back