Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> RX 580 2048SP - SSDT-GPU-SPOOF not working :(

I think I just found a more universal solution for this! Rather than flash a random bios you edit the one that comes with the card. This mod should work with any RX580 2048sp (dev ID 6FDF)

Backup your bios either from windows with a Radeon bios flash tool, or with something like a CH341a programmer hooked with some clips to the BIOS chip.

Open the resulting file on a hex editor and look for/replace with:

F0 FD E6 0F >>> replace with: F0 7D E6 0F (one ocurrance at offset 0xD4)
02 10 DF 6F >>> replace with: 02 10 DF 67 (two ocurrances. Offsets varies depending on the BIOS)

Save the the file.

Now you need to fix the CRC within the BIOS file you just edited. For this you need Windows and the Polaris BIOS Editor. Just open the edited bios file with the Polaris BIOS Editor and save it back to disk, nothing more. That will fix the CRC.

You can now flash the edited BIOS file into the card. After flashing you should have the card fully supported under MacOS, recognized as a RX570.

I recommend to have a recovery procedure at hand in case something goes wrong. Also keep an untouched copy of your BIOS binary just in case you want to reverse the changes.

I've used this exact procedure to get my chinese 2048sp working on MacOS. So far so good!

Last edited:
Back