Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Aourus z390 pro wifi itx
CPU
i5 9600k
Graphics
saphire rx 5700 xt nitro+
Hello,

today i have upgraded my xfx rx 570 to a saphire rx 5700 xt nitro+. The first time i booted i got a black screen before the apple logo. Installed the newest lilu and whatevergreen but that did not help. I solved the problem by adding agdpmod=pikera as a boot flag. The only problem i now have is that my mouse cursor sometimes freezes for a second. I found a partially solution by changing the display port version on my monitor to 1.1. This only works when i boot up with 1.2 or unplug and replug my gpu with 1.2 enabled and then change it to 1.1. Because when having 1.1 selected first it only shows 60hz @3440 x 1440 and 100hz with 1.2. Also read somewhere it would be a problem with dp audio and you should disable it but i have no idea how to do that. I have attached my efi folder. Maybe someone could help me.

My System:
Catalina 10.15.3
Gigabyte Z390 Aourus Pro Wifi itx
i5 9600k
rx 5700 xt nitro+
16gb crucial ballistix sport 3000mhz

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 102
Last edited:
@Delarok,

There are still quite a few know issues with all Navi based dGPU's on MacOS (instability, random resets ..etc), AMD has had a few teething issues with the new RDNA architecture on all OS's (checkout the Navi reset bug on Linux and Windows) which are slowly getting sorted with reference drivers, additionally it is suspected that Apples Navi kext drivers are still not yet fully optimised and bug free.

These problems will get sorted by Apple with subsequent MacOS updates as all of the issues effect genuine Macs as well as Hackintosh systems.

Apple always seems to have issues when a new dGPU architecture is added to MacOS, it occurred with the RX 5XX generation and even more so with the Vega generation. Initial support for Vega dGPU's was added around High Sierra 10.13.4 but was buggy/unstable and not fully optimised to around Mojave 10.14.4, I suspect the same will be true with Navi support so don't expect it to be fully optimised and stable until Big Spur 11.0.2 onwards, it may happen sooner but Apple have always been slow in perfecting dGPU support and there is no reason to think this will change.

Have a look at the Navi threads if you want more details and follow them to keep up to date on progress being made.

Cheers
Jay

Got the same problem, but only after having upgraded to 10.15.6

My mouse gets stuck for milliseconds every 2 seconds. I tried to play around with FreeSync, DP1.1 and DP1.2, but nothing works. This is really frustrating. I have never had any issues before, even with the 5700 XT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back