Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Gigabyte RX 5700 XT
I managed to fix the Black Screen issue with my Gigabyte RX 5700 XT. I come here to share my experience.
I have to say I first tried a Sapphire Pulse RX 5700 XT and it was having the same problem... I thought it was the card and returned it... Probably the current fix would work for the Pulse too.
I have a Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming Mobo and i9 9900K for reference.
I´m using Clover 5113 and WhateverGreen 1.3.9 on Catalina 10.15.4
I´m using the agdpmod=pikera bootflag
IGPU is disabled in BIOS
But even though it was not working...
What solved was deleting a patch I had called... com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy (Prevent AGDP from loading)... it was on Kernel and Kext Patches on my Clover Configurator.
After doing this everything worked... Display Port 4K, and even with a second monitor in HDMI. Sleep/Hibernate working too.
No mouse issues as some reported on 10.15.4, guess latest Clover version fixed it (I read there was a fix for mouse on Clover Releases after 10.15.4 update)
agdpmod=pikera bootflag was totally necessary too, without it I get Black Screen.
I tested and it worked with SMBIOS iMac 19,1 and iMac Pro 1,1 ... Both worked well.
I´m attaching my EFI trying to help you guys. I generated a new iMac Pro 1,1 serial on it to erase my serial... I suggest you generate a new one just for you, specially if you will try iMessage or Facetime.
I don´t have any more ideas on how to solve the Black Screen Issue... if this fix doesn´t work for you. Everything I had to say is here. So don´t ask. Try my EFI if you want, if you have a Gigabyte Mobo it will probably be good for you.
So the solution is related to AGDP, the patch I used was probably interfering with the agdpmod=pikera bootflag, as both have the same funcion, but I guess agdpmod=pikera as being a WhateverGreen bootflag is newer and better implemented.

For further knowledge about AGDP read this therad:

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.2 MB · Views: 363
Last edited:
Thanks for this post! I am going to upgrade my Hack to have a 5700 XT. I will post back here and elsewhere too with my experience. Which Gigabyte 5700 XT model are you using?

I’m using GIGABYTE Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC - GV-R57XTGAMING OC-8GD
The model recommended by Tonymac.

Thanks!
I just wanted to reply here that I bought a Vega 64. I opted for a 16GB variant. Even though I could still play it on the windows side, I want to be able to play Age of Wonder III on my Mac - which requires Mojave / 32-bit.

In my case I solved by upgrading Clover to the latest version.
Since I only had access to System Recovery and no other Mac, I've downloaded an ISO image of the latest Clover, put it into a USB drive and then copy to my EFI using terminal commands (diskutil list, diskutil mount, cp and mv to rename the old Clover building.
Remember to remove the third party kexts from S/L/E and copy them to kexts/Other folder at the new Clover building. I'm using Lilu and WhateverGreen. Don't forget to copy your custom config.plist to the new Clover building too.
Good luck to all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back