MSI Z270 M7
CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

I swapped today my GTX 1070 and upgraded to Catalina 10.15.2 with a Sapphire RX 5700 XT Nitro+ SE. Everything seems to work fine except I cannot use the two first options in preference/general/display scroll bars. I need to use the last option (scroll bars always on) to see the scroll bars and right vertical columns in the finder or scroll bars in Safari. My other hacks are displaying them right whatever option I choose. Here is the result in the finder (see separation columns) :

Capture d’écran 2019-12-26 à 23.58.27.png

And should be like this (but hide scroll bars) :

Capture d’écran 2019-12-26 à 23.59.01.png

Any idea ?

That's strange.
No problem here with a Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+

That's strange.
No problem here with a Sapphire RX5700 XT Nitro+

Thanks for your reply. What is your SMBIOS ?
Just tried with my old Imac18,3 SMBIOS and this is working fine. When using iMacpro1,1 SMBIOS the issue comes back.
My setup with 3770k+RX580 using SMBIOS iMacpro1,1 is working fine but not 7700k + RX 5700 XT... I wonder why.

So, it sounds like what you're saying is that it's not detecting that you have a mouse instead of a trackpad.

So, it sounds like what you're saying is that it's not detecting that you have a mouse instead of a trackpad.

To be honest I never had any trackpad so I do not know how it reacts. In my prefs it detects no trackpad, in system report my mouse is detected as a mouse, same in prefs.

Thanks!

So I will wait until next macOS release, if the problem remains, I will switch back to SMBIOS18,3. I can live with that for now.

Thanks for your help guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back