2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. LC
  2. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Hi! I had to install Windows on my Z170/i5-6500 hackintosh running Mojave and strange thing happens: AMD drivers won't load after installation and restart. I tried several times but no success, only Windows basic drivers are working.
Card is Asus ROG Strix RX 570 4GB, and it works great in Mojave, even gaming in High graphics settings.
Any idea why Adrenaline drivers fails loading?
Thx.

Hi! I had to install Windows on my Z170/i5-6500 hackintosh running Mojave and strange thing happens: AMD drivers won't load after installation and restart. I tried several times but no success, only Windows basic drivers are working.
Card is Asus ROG Strix RX 570 4GB, and it works great in Mojave, even gaming in High graphics settings.
Any idea why Adrenaline drivers fails loading?
Thx.
What version of Windows are you running on your system? Is it Windows 10?

Hi! I'm running Windows 10 latest's update.
Strange because at first I thought of a graphic card issue. But, as it works fine (even in gaming hi-settings) in MacOS then, can't be GPU itself !
What do you think?

Very strange...I just swap cards in my hackintosh, took out the RX 570 ASUS and installed my RX 580 sapphire. Windows and AMD driver Adrenaline loaded OK. When I put back ASUS RX 570, the AMD driver "failed to load"!
So strange now, I'm thinking its a graphic card issue. But still this one works fine in MacOS.
I bought it second hand, so maybe it has been flashed with something weird that makes it run OK in MacOS but not Windows!

So strange now, I'm thinking its a graphic card issue. But still this one works fine in MacOS.
I bought it second hand, so maybe it has been flashed with something weird that makes it run OK in MacOS but not Windows!

@aikido14,

Just a thought .... as you bought a used dGPU it's quite possible that the card was previously flashed with a crypto-mining optimised ROM/VBIOS which might be stopping the AMD drivers from loading. This is not uncommon in the used dGPU market these days ... it happens a lot.

You should be able to find the original OEM ROM/VBIOS on the net and re-flash that to the card.
MacOS injects it's own VBIOS from the OS for many AMD dGPU's hence the reason it works in MacOS.

Good Luck
Cheers
Jay

yes, quite sure you're right..
gonna go find "original" BIOS
thank you

back here to say : it's all good now ! i have found the correct video bios from Techpowerup vgabios library ( had to chose from 4) i carefully saved my "bugged" vbios ( just in case) before trying each ones and the 3rd was good ! Now Card works fine Windows and Mac systems !

back here to say : it's all good now ! i have found the correct video bios from Techpowerup vgabios library ( had to chose from 4) i carefully saved my "bugged" vbios ( just in case) before trying each ones and the 3rd was good ! Now Card works fine Windows and Mac systems !
Good to see you fixed the problem. I learn something new from your experience. An AMD graphics card can be flashed with another video BIOS for a specific purpose (in this case mining) such that the card no longer works with the Windows drivers but still works in MacOS.

I will try to keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back