Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> RX 570 - HDMI not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Displayport to HDMI connector seems to work though... :) So although it would be cool to get HDMI working don't lose sleep over it :D Thank you so much for your help so far though!

It's an MSI RX 570 Armor 4G OC.

Okay.

The card should not need anything to get it working except whatevergreen and lilu. RadeonDeInit will help too. I assume its BIOS has not been flashed?

No other settings for HDMI needed as the three port version is a reference design. I've run similar Gigabyte and Asus 8gb RX570 cards to an HDMI monitor.

I understand that doesn't actually help. Can you test with another "normal" monitor instead of the TV?

Is this your X299 motherboard? Do as @theroadw suggests in
post #16.

See post #21.

Last edited:
This is a screenshot of the KextsToPatch entries in the /CLOVER/config.plist you attached to post #10 (1st page of this thread). It shows you have the Black Screen....Pike R. Alpha patch enabled.

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 18.39.38.png

Hi again. I tried booting into Windows 10 and can't get the HDMI connection registered there either. So maybe it's something banal like a bad HDMI cable, although it's brand new. Will have to try a different monitor with the same cable + a new cable to the TV. Wow, never experienced that before. Or maybe it's actually a case of the HDMI port not working which would also be a first for me with any card. But hey... you never know.

This is a screenshot of the KextsToPatch entries in the /CLOVER/config.plist you attached to post #10 (1st page of this thread). It shows you have the Black Screen....Pike R. Alpha patch enabled.

View attachment 520043
Right. I can see that here, but this is how it apparently looks in the new Clover, in mine it isn't quite as userfriendly so the patches aren't "translated" into what they really do. But judging by the order it looks like it's the "com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy" patch I applied that equals this. So should be safe to remove again.

Ha! Sorry guys for putting you through this. HDMI out works when I choose a new cable into the same monitor I use for TB input. Embarrassing... but you also got my Clover config a bit leaner and learned me something about USB as well so it wasn't all in vain. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back