Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> RX 570 - HDMI not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you are using WhateverGreen.kext you don't need to include the AMD graphics entries you have added to your config.plist. With an RX 570 dGPU the only graphics entry I would recommend you use would be RadeonDeInit=true.

So your current Graphics section in your config.plist would go from this:

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 12.47.02.png

To This:

Screenshot 2021-05-28 at 12.47.19.png

The remainder of your config.plist and CLOVER folder contents look good for your system.

Edhawk, thanks a lot! I will try to see if it helps, but what you suggests, removing those FB and ports number entries etc. was how it looked before I tried making the HDMI port work! So I don't think this will help, unfortunately. But will also look at the USB ports kext. Which one should I go for - the .AML patch file or the kext, and why are there these two different solutions?

There is one solution but Hackintool generates two options with the same configuration. I would use the USBPorts.kext.

If you use the SSDT-UIAC.aml that is generated by Hackintool, then you have to inject USBInjectAll.kext for the SSDT to work with your system. The USBPorts.kext works on its own.

Both options work in any version of macOS.

All advice by @Edhawk and @Feartech and @MacPack is spot on.

The Vendor ID and Device ID of your GPU look a bit "generic". What brand is it?

:)

Does the HDMI port work for other Operating systems? we need to eliminate bad card/cable possibility first.
Also try a different hdmi monitor.

If yes, then download whatevergreen debug version and add the boot args: -wegdbg msgbuf=1048576 to your config.

Then after boot run these 2 commands in terminal:

sudo dmesg > ~/Desktop/dmesg_log.txt

and then:

log show --last boot > ~/Desktop/boot_log.txt

And post the results here

You might want to look at removing or disabling the 'Black Screen Patch Vega 56/64, RX580 etc. (c)Pike R. Alpha' KextsToPatch entry in your config.plist. You probably don't need this patch on Catalina.

You might also want to look at adding the Shikigva=128 boot argument to your config.plist, which might help with DRM playback.

There is one solution but Hackintool generates two options with the same configuration. I would use the USBPorts.kext.

If you use the SSDT-UIAC.aml that is generated by Hackintool, then you have to inject USBInjectAll.kext for the SSDT to work with your system. The USBPorts.kext works on its own.

Both options work in any version of macOS.
Thanks. But as far as I understand the USBPorts.kext requires a bit of work with Hackintool? It is what generates it? Based on me testing all USB ports and such, right? I use USBInjectall right now and most ports are working. There are a couple that are not, but no biggie.

You might want to look at removing or disabling the 'Black Screen Patch Vega 56/64, RX580 etc. (c)Pike R. Alpha' KextsToPatch entry in your config.plist. You probably don't need this patch on Catalina.

You might also want to look at adding the Shikigva=128 boot argument to your config.plist, which might help with DRM playback.
Hmm I don't have the Vega black screen patch from what I can tell?

Will try adding the boot argument and see if it helps.

Also, as suggested I haven't actually tested if the HDMI port works in Windows. Will do that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back