RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi.

I tried with various suggestions here on the forum to get the HDMI working on an RX 570 but all I find is for RX 580, and I so far haven't made it work. It FINDS the Samsung TV I have connected via HDMI, but the signal doesn't seem to get there. Any ideas? Tried with different "InjectATI", nVidia etc. Added the "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy" patch (BA050000 00 to BA000000 00), tried setting ports to 4/5, tried setting a framebuffer, which isn't recognised by the system. Which might be because I user Whatevergreen (latest version).

Any suggestions?:)

EDIT: Even shows up correctly in System Report. But no signal is detected by the Samsung screen.

Attachments

• rx570.jpg
    rx570.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:
Hi.

I tried with various suggestions here on the forum to get the HDMI working on an RX 570 but all I find is for RX 580, and I so far haven't made it work. It FINDS the Samsung TV I have connected via HDMI, but the signal doesn't seem to get there. Any ideas? Tried with different "InjectATI", nVidia etc. Added the "AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy" patch (BA050000 00 to BA000000 00), tried setting ports to 4/5, tried setting a framebuffer, which isn't recognised by the system. Which might be because I user Whatevergreen (latest version).

Any suggestions?:)
InjectATI is not correct (definitely don't injext nvidia)

best to check over:

Thanks Feartech. Will take a look:)

EDIT: This is a bit daunting and the guide seems to refer to a much older "Hackintool" version. Do I really need e.g. the correct platform ID (my CPU is a Skylake-X, can't find much info on that) and such to start messing with display port settings...?

EDIT2: This guide is also very focused on working with an iGPU motherboard (ASUS X299 Sage), which mine isn't. So I think I dare not fool around with this. Thanks anyway, hopefully I will find some other solution to get HDMI working (or rather, it seems, known to be HDMI and not DisplayPort by the OS when it boots).

Last edited:
If your graphics card has more than one HDMI port try another one.

It might be more likely to get a Displayport=>HDMI cable/adaptor working... I only need one DP output.

I have an RX570,
Check your BIOS for CSM setting, depending on your brand it may either need to be enabled or disabled. I have a Gigabyte z390, in order to get all the ports to work on my card I need to DISABLE CSM support in my BIOS. Otherwise only 1 DisplayPort works.

i also use the latest whatevergreen.
I do not do any injecting of Ati or fraebuffers or adding in the number of ports.

I have an RX570,
Check your BIOS for CSM setting, depending on your brand it may either need to be enabled or disabled. I have a Gigabyte z390, in order to get all the ports to work on my card I need to DISABLE CSM support in my BIOS. Otherwise only 1 DisplayPort works.

i also use the latest whatevergreen.
I do not do any injecting of Ati or fraebuffers or adding in the number of ports.
Thanks. Unfortunately CSM on or off doesnt make a difference here.

What other Graphics related 'Fixes or Patches' have you applied during your search for an answer to this issue?

Have you removed the unsuccessful 'Fixes and Patches' after you found they didn't work?

Your CPU doesn't have an IGPU, so you wouldn't have added any Intel graphics fixes to your setup, would you?

Post a copy of your CLOVER folder or OC folder so we can see what you are using to boot macOS. Can you confirm which version of macOS you are running and which version of the Bootloader you are using.

Redact the Serial Number, MLB, Rom, UUID/SmUUID and or Board Serial Number from your config.plist. Just leave the other SMBIOS information so we can see which SMBIOS you are using.

Hi Edhawk.

Thanks a lot for chiming in. Mainly the fix was to circumvent a check for which gfx implementation the Mac I have chosen (which is iMacPro1,1 - I did this because it CPU-wise seems to be the closest to what I have, Intel 9940x, although iMac of course has discreet graphics which I have not)., I believe called "com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy" that patches one address there.

I am using Clover 5119 - I read that latest Clover has caused kernel panics and general instability for some. So since my setup seems to otherwise be really stable, I don't want to update unless something important is in the newest version...:)

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    4 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back