Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> RX 560 very high fan speed after wake from sleep on 10.14.4 (solved by 10.14.5 beta 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is very interesting @shuhung!! do you have any idea what could be different in one motherboard vs another? I assume your EFI folder is different for each. Any difference there that could affect this?

I will review your EFI folder you posted earlier and I will report back my findings.

Previously, use mini ITX board for test, mini ITX always has better power consumption.

Same result as your, GPU idle clock round 900 to 1000 MHz, tested with dual PCIE x 16 mobo, RX570 attached to 2nd slot.

If attached to PCIE x16 1st slot, GPU core idle frequency round 400 to 500 MHz

@shuhung which ITX board? I'm using a Asrock X99E-ITX

Trying in 10.14.5 beta 3 with the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, noAGPM.kext and "disable AGDP" kext patch, clock still does not go below 1000mhz :/

Thank you for this.
Do you have a single monitor or multiple? How is it (are they) connected? DP? HDMI? DVI?
Two Acer displays, one DVI to the DVI port on the RX560 and the other with a DVI to HDMI cable.

Testing with the RX580 (exact same purple lines) two DVI cables with DP adapters (passive).

@shuhung which ITX board? I'm using a Asrock X99E-ITX

Trying in 10.14.5 beta 3 with the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS, noAGPM.kext and "disable AGDP" kext patch, clock still does not go below 1000mhz :/

Different mobos get different results, seems to be caused by mobo BIOS or custom DSDT/SSDT.

This is closed as fixed in 10.14.5 but I'm facing the exact problem with this version of MacOS.

I get following error as mentioned in this thread:
Code:
2019-07-07 11:46:43.544665-0700 0x688      Default     0x0                  0      0    kernel: (AMDFramebuffer) CRITICAL ERROR : VUPDATE interrupt has not been generated in time!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

problem is stills actually for me in mac os catalina and big sur rx 570 4g shapfire plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back