Graphics
EVGA GTX 650 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I was using it normally, shut it down and then, the next time I tried to turn the computer on, it wasn't posting video through the RX 480. I was able to get video through the iGPU but neither the MoBo or the system recognises the RX 480.

I tried cleaning the contacts, nothing.

The RX 480 is still turning itself on, the fan are spinning but it's just odd that it was working fine and after shutting the computer down, now it's like this.

Does anyone have any suggestion of what might be or what to do? Or is the GPU gone?

I was using it normally, shut it down and then, the next time I tried to turn the computer on, it wasn't posting video through the RX 480. I was able to get video through the iGPU but neither the MoBo or the system recognizes the RX 480.

I tried cleaning the contacts, nothing.

The RX 480 is still turning itself on, the fan are spinning but it's just odd that it was working fine and after shutting the computer down, now it's like this.

Does anyone have any suggestion of what might be or what to do? Or is the GPU gone?

Do you have another system you can test the RX 480 on? Or do you have another working GPU to test on your system? I would think your RX 480 has a problem but if you can confirm it all the better.

Do you have another system you can test the RX 480 on? Or do you have another working GPU to test on your system? I would think your RX 480 has a problem but if you can confirm it all the better.

A friend of mine has a system and I will test it later. The lack of luck, I sold my old GPU and shipped right before finding out this problem, otherwise I would have tested if it was related to the MoBo. Bad timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back