Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I'm working on a H55M-P31/i3-540 combo with a 9800GT that I'm attempting to morph into a hackintosh and have a couple questions

I haven't touched a DSDT file in two years, and while I did experiment for quite awhile right around the release of SL I ended up giving up my from-scratch efforts once the experts had released a well edited DSDT for the motherboards I owned at the time (gigabyte P35/P45s)

Now fast forward to the socket 1156 boards and thanks to this forum this'll be my first without a readily available already edited DSDT and I'm just wondering where to start

I'm downloaded a Ubuntu liveCD to extract my Vanilla DSDT now and am about to flash to the latest BIOS, I'm just a tad unsure which DSDT edits are even necessary these days, and most of the guides I see seem to date back to the birth of SL or are specific to gigabyte DSDTs

http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=prodd ... od_no=1976
The H55M-P31 uses a Realtek 8111DL Network chip & Realtek ALC889 chipset for audio (but with half the analog jacks on the rear panel)

It appears to be nearly identical to the H55M-E33, just without the JMicron IDE/SATA chipset and lacking HDMI/DVI outputs for the IGP (and those analog audio jacks)

Any help is appreciated, I'll be keeping this updated as I progress

updates:

I've attached a copy of an untouched DSDT dump for this mobo, BIOS version 1.9

Working audio/networking/graphics when booted from the iboot CD was a pleasant surprise, but the machine does not seem to want to sleep. (spins the HD down, kills display, but fans continue to run)

I've managed to replicate iboot's success with VoodooHDA & Multibeast's DSDT-free options (EvOreboot, fakesmc, legacyRTC, nullCPUpowermanagement) and the 32bit graphicsenabler boot.plist, but sleep is unchanged

I seem to be lacking that 3rd checkbox in Energy Saver that I've seen elsewhere & recall from other machines I've worked on, am still investigating

Attachments

• MSI H55M-P31 v1.9 vanilla DSDT.zip
    29.1 KB · Views: 148
I am using the same board but am making my first attempt at installing lion VIA Unibeast I get stuck at the gray apple launch screen. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• MSI H55M-P31 DSDT.zip
    40.1 KB · Views: 130
I didnt realize you had replied to me thank you so much for sharing your DSDT. I'm going to give this a shot this weekend!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back