i9-9900K
Graphics
XFX Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,
I've been tinkering with my newest hardware and I'm running into an issue whenever I attempt to enable the IGPU in BIOS.
I installed Catalina successfully using the createinstallmedia, and manual Clover installation method, created a USB 15-port SSDT appropriate for my setup, and am using AptioMemoryFix, EMUvariable, RC scripts, and Side=0.
My discrete GPU is an XFX Radeon RX 5700, which I'm not noticing any issues with, but I would like to run my UHD 630 IGPU in headless mode. I'm currently using an iMac19,1 SMBIOS because I know the 9600K is an optional part, but I've also tried 19,2 and some in the 18,x line. The error happens with all of those, so I believe I've eliminated that as an issue. Additionally, enabling the IGPU and completely removing my Radeon gives the same error.
My BIOS settings look normal, using the recommended settings in most guides, and using XMP Profile1, 64mb Pre-allocation, 256 DVMT, 512 Aperture size. I've tried several different combinations of IGPU memory settings and I still can't boot with it enabled. It stops at "couldn't allocate runtime area..."
I built a new config.plist from scratch which is attached with my EFI zipped (serials in SMBIOS removed). If anyone can help identify anything I missed there, I would greatly appreciate it.
I boot with agdpmod=pikera to solve issues with the RX 5700, -v for verbose, dart=0, and slide=0.
My memory is 2x8gb of ballistix sport 2666.
I have the Fenvi t919 wifi/bt card installed above my GPU, and a Startech USB 3.1 gen2 card in my PCIE x4 slot, which has a header for front USB ports, hence why I ignored all headers on the motherboard in my UAIC SSDT.
This is my first post in a while and I've brushed up on the rules, but I still get nervous that I'll get yelled at for ignorance :p
I don't know what else to try at this point.
Thanks in advance, and if anyone was working on a USB SSDT for this board I also attached the layout port ID's to help get you started.

Also: motherboard came with bios version f14, which I downgraded to f13 thinking the Intel security patch would make it worse.

Update: Not to be a quitter, but I moved on from this motherboard and went with an Asus Prime Z370-A II, you can read about my build at this link if you'd like.
Good luck to anyone who may still be trying to get this board to work with a headless iGPU.

Attachments

• EFI-squirrelzone.zip
    31.8 MB · Views: 95
  • h370-hd3-usb.png
    h370-hd3-usb.png
    339.9 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_1199.JPG
    IMG_1199.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
i have Gigabyte H370 HD3, what do i need to change in order to get motherboard headers for usb working

i have Gigabyte H370 HD3, what do i need to change in order to get motherboard headers for usb working
I wish I could help, but your question is vague and the issue possibly is not caused by the motherboard but rather a general issue or step you missed. You can read about USB port configuration for the 15-port limit here or try posting a new topic with more information about your system, what is happening, and what you're expecting to happen. Your signature and profile are also empty, so before you post a new thread in the forums, I suggest you gather more information so the community can try to help you.
Also, I just edited the original post but I don't have this motherboard anymore so there's not much I can do to help troubleshoot with you. Sorry!
Here are the rules of this site (check the ones about posting to forums), and a glossary of terms to help you get started.
Best of luck to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back