Contribute
Register

Running Xcode 12.4 on latest Catalina 14.15.7 (Simulator problem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
i3-2310M
Graphics
HD 3000
Hi, I am running Xcode 12.4 on Catalina 10.15.7. The app seems to be working well, quite smooth i must say. The problem i'm facing is that when i downloaded and installed additional simulators for iOS versions below 14 (which is the officially supported version in Xcode 12.4) e.g. iOS 12.4 for iPhone 6, the simulator screen becomes corrupt.. it just shows blank screen with random colours. The system boots up fine but the screen is not displaying correctly. See attachment.

i have tried with simulators version 11, 12 and 13. All show the same problem.

I have tried the following:
Uninstalled simulator 12.4, reinstalled simulator 12.4 -> same problem
Uninstalled Xcode 12.4, reinstalled Xcode 12.4, reinstalled simulator 12.4 -> same problem
Uninstalled Xcode 12.4, installed Xcode 10.3 (that officially supports iOS 12.4) -> same problem

Nothing seemed to work. I'm just curious.. does anyone encounter similar issue? is it just my machine (Thinkpad X220) or is it a more prevalent issue? Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 6 - 2021-05-11 at 22.08.26.png
    Simulator Screen Shot - iPhone 6 - 2021-05-11 at 22.08.26.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 120
Last edited:
But beside this issue, overall, the system seems to work very well, apart from sporadic graphic glitches which is not uncommon.. and the simulator display problem only happens with simulators with versions below 13.0.. does that make sense?

UPDATE: I have tried running the simulator for versions 14.4 all the way right down to 13.0 and it worked fine. The problem started with version 12.4 and below. I have a system log file but i don't know how to attach it here. The attachment seems to only take image files.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back