Contribute
Register

Running Premiere Pro on Hackintosh (GTX 1070)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Strix z270F
CPU
Kaby Lake i7 4.2K
Graphics
RX 580 / HD 630
Hey everyone. Very new to hackintosh and nVidia cards.

Is it possible to use the gtx 1070 on a hackintosh without any performance issues? I am going to primarily use it for 4K video editing on Premiere Pro and some After Effects (no gaming). Would I be taking full advantage of the card's specs?

Thanks a lot!

@kavlos, please update your profile (personal details) with your build (Motherboard or Model, CPU and Graphics Card).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

A Premiere with GTX 1070 should run smooth with 4k footage. Bear in mind that you will need a pretty fast storage to play with 4k footage as it tends to be quite heavy. Eg few seconds of ProRes 4444 footage from Arri cameras may take few gigabytes of storage space.

Hi. I just bought a GTX 1070 but I'm still keep in it in its box. Do you know if 1070 is already working fine with my hack configuration (Intel Core I7-7700K 4.2GHz, MSI Z270 Gaming M3), Premiere 2017 and Sierra? Here in Spain is not easy to send back a product after you "use it" even if you just try it. About fast storage, how fast it needs to be? A SSD could be enough for 4K with some color grading and light effects?

Hi. I just bought a GTX 1070 but I'm still keep in it in its box. Do you know if 1070 is already working fine with my hack configuration (Intel Core I7-7700K 4.2GHz, MSI Z270 Gaming M3), Premiere 2017 and Sierra? Here in Spain is not easy to send back a product after you "use it" even if you just try it. About fast storage, how fast it needs to be? A SSD could be enough for 4K with some color grading and light effects?
The 1070 works fine without any major hacks. There are some settings to make it even faster but it all depends IMO what software you will be using. If you will Premiere, I guess it's the card to have. If you will use it for FCPX, then nVidia is not the way to go. You should be looking at the RX 580. An SSD is good for 4k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back