Contribute
Register

Running OS X 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note, isn't it weird that the VGA compatible controller is based on GK208 while the HDMI audio contoller is based on a GF119?

Also, BIOS graphics config screen below.

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_184643.jpg
    7.1 MB · Views: 24
Side note, isn't it weird that the VGA compatible controller is based on GK208 while the HDMI audio contoller is based on a GF119?
It's very possible that the manufacturer in China flashed the Vbios to say GT710 when it's actually a GT610. They can get more $$ for a 710 vs. a 610. This is why you should buy a GT 710 with a genuine name brand on the box and on the card itself. Seeing a name such as "Point of View" on the box is a major red flag that it's a fake. If you see an EVGA or Gigabyte branded 710 there's much less chance you'll get a fake one.

Last edited:

Also, BIOS graphics config screen below.
  • I did note about the HDMI Audio using a Fermi Chip.
  • I will recheck my own MSI Nvidia GT 710 using my linux and post my findings later.
  • In the mean while, since your BIOS has a very different approach to Graphics, as a TRIAL ONLY ( I don't have any BIOSTAR boards; the last time I have used them was in early 1990s and they were one of my favorite boards for Windows and Linux) make IGFX to Auto to get the menu GTT and set GTT like 128M to 256M and see if you will get full acceleration.

I do take point raised by trs96 very well; that is a good possibility.

I just want you to comment how the Video card behaved in Linux.
If it functioned with full acceleration , that too will go along toward a genuine Nvidia GT 710 PCIE Graphics.

Internal Graphics has been set to Auto, same issue.

I tried running the card on the linux usb and went on to see how it would behave while playing videos on youtube, seems solid.

Internal Graphics has been set to Auto, same issue.

I tried running the card on the linux usb and went on to see how it would behave while playing videos on youtube, seems solid.
You should have uploaded the image.
My role in this Forum is to help not just one but through their posts others reading them. It will benefit everyone if all responses are clear and comprehensive and images uploaded as such. to illustrate the post.

I opened the PCLinuxOS (2009) in my multi boot system with GA-H61M-HD2 and Nvidia (MSI) GeForce 710 2GB and ran lspci command and is uploading the out put:
1.lspci in PCLinuxOS .png
. It shows it the card has both its Graphics and Audio chip as Kepler .
The video works splendidly in Hackintosh Mojave 10.14.6, Catalina B8 (Public Release) Windows 10 and PCLinuxOS

Image is uploaded.

Last edited:
Alright so far looks like trs96's theory is right, I'll try replacing it with another model and hopefully it works.

Thanks a lot for your time. ^^

Alright so far looks like trs96's theory is right, I'll try replacing it with another model and hopefully it works.

Thanks a lot for your time. ^^
"Point of View" forgot to fake the audio device chip as well as the graphics chip. They figure that most people won't investigate or look that closely. Since the majority of people run Windows and the GT 610 performs almost as well as the 710 many that buy that card will never know the difference.

Here's a good gfx card "red flags" video that any graphics card buyer should watch to know what to look for.

Last edited:
"Point of View" forgot to fake the audio device chip as well as the graphics chip. They figure that most people won't investigate or look that closely. Since the majority of people run Windows and the GT 610 performs almost as well as the 710 many that buy that card will never know the difference.

Here's a good gfx card "red flags" video that any graphics card buyer should watch to know what to look for.

• I started suspecting issue as a badly flashed firmware from a genuine GT710 on a cheap GT 610 or replacing a chip from a bad 710 on to a GT610. The commands will read them as Kepler graphics chip but may not function as one. If the Audio Chip is untouched it may remain as Fermi as in GT 610.

• With a lot of evidences I feel good I did not write it off prematurely and both BIOS and CLOVER were looked at length as much as the OP would agree to cooperate providing the needed uploads..

• I have a GA-Nvidia GT 610. I know it has Fermi microarchitecture and hence won't work in Mojave but works well in Windows and Linux.

Hello once again, thanks to both of you for all the replies you gave to me, I managed to replace the Point of View card with a Palit GT710 2GB DDR3.

However, tried booting into mojave, after all the verbose screen, I get a black screen.

EDIT I keep getting this flash message every ten seconds?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190927_150344_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20190927_150344_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    848.3 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back