Contribute
Register

Running OS X 10.14.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Point of View GT 710, I can provide you with a link to where I got it from but it's french.

It's running on the nvidia card but with an additional fan.
Go ahead and send me the link. No problem with language, I can manage.

Attachments

• 1.Point of View GT 710 .png
    1.Point of View GT 710 .png
    500.1 KB · Views: 70
It isn't the same box, however if you compare the specs of the PoV GT 710 to the Nvidia's one, it has got the same specs.

Also, if it wasn't supported, I think then it wouldn't be able to boot into macOS.

It isn't the same box, however if you compare the specs of the PoV GT 710 to the Nvidia's one, it has got the same specs.

Also, if it wasn't supported, I think then it wouldn't be able to boot into macOS.

• You can boot into the computer with some graphics, even if it is not fully supported; but it won't give full acceleration: would only provide basic functions.
Can you see the graphics card's name Printed Directly anywhere on the card? (Not a label stuck)
Examples are attached for comparison.

Attachments

• 1.GigabyteNvidia GT 610 .png
    1.GigabyteNvidia GT 610 .png
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • 2. Silk labeling.png
    2. Silk labeling.png
    587.6 KB · Views: 44
This is the graphics card I currently am using in this build.

Attachments

• IMG_20190925_233642.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 26
It would be a good idea to install windows or put the card in a windows PC and then run GPU-Z to see all of the detailed specs of the card. https://www.techpowerup.com/download/gpu-z/

Here's the GT610 complete specs you could compare it to.

This is the graphics card I currently am using in this build.
  • I just saw only Nvidia printed on that Fan.
  • Do you see any label on the circuit board that shows it is GT 710.
  • In my GT 610 card it is printed in white on the Top edge.
  • Anyway Nvidia GT 710 is fully supported in macOS Mojave and Catalina out of the BOX.
    • Just plug and play after making PCIE as Initial Display First in the BIOS and NO editing in config.plist.
    • You will still need Lilu. WeG and AppleAlc for all the benefits from that card.

Last edited:
Hello again, thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay as I had stuff to take care of.

I ran fatdog64 using a USB on my hackintosh and used lspci -v and concerning my GPU, here is the log.

Attachments

• IMG_20190926_164727.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 28
Hello again, thanks for the reply and sorry for the delay as I had stuff to take care of.

I ran fatdog64 using a USB on my hackintosh and used lspci -v and concerning my GPU, here is the log.
  • Now that Linux tools have shown the Graphics card is a genuine Nvidia GT 710 which has a native support to get you full Acceleration in Mojave (and in Catalina also) without any thing special editing in CLOVER/config.plist and you have already got the latest Lilu and WeG kext (and AppleALC .kext for Audio) installed in /L/E using Kext Beast, my focus will be on your BIOS once again.

Can you upload the current Graphics Configuration screen from your BIOS?

Attachments

• 1.Linux lspci>GT 710.png
    1.Linux lspci>GT 710.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 41
  • 2.BIOS _Chipset Graphics Config .png
    2.BIOS _Chipset Graphics Config .png
    215.3 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back