Contribute
Register

Running into error when attempting to install Mojave (Hackintosh)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSi Z370-A PRO
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
GTX 1060
So I'm trying to hackintosh Mojave on my Computer, and when I try to run setup, I get the error 'The recovery server could not be contacted.'
I checked my BIOS date, and it's correct. I tried to run 'ntpdate -u time.apple.com' and it says that 'ntpdate' is not recognized. If i try doing 'sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com' it says that 'sudo' is unknown
After going around some posts, I've seen a person mentioning the 'ifconfig' command, and I did the command, but there is no 'en0', but there is 'inet' and 'inet6'. I tried pinging google and apple, but it says that both hosts can't be found.
Regarding Kexts, I have both ethernet and wireless. My ethernet just says that it's a 'Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller' and I have the RTL8111 Kext, since it's the one for GBE. Wireless, I have the Atheros AR9485, but the guide says that the Kext for it does not work. I still tried it either way, and I still don't get any internet.
I created the USB manually following a guide. My specs are i7-8700K, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060, MSi Z370-A PRO.
My USB is 16GB.

My specs are i7-8700K, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060, MSi Z370-A PRO.
Mojave is a waste of time with a GTX 1060, there are no drivers for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back