Intel Core i7-4790K
Graphics
on CPU
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, everyone.

I have an older Hackintosh. Running Yosemite. It was doing very well for me for quite some time until earlier this year.

A few minutes after startup, and it crashes.

I have tried the following:

I removed all software that was set to launch on startup, including ProTec6.
I have tried launching in safe mode.
I have tried disconnecting the cables.
I have tried disabling Ethernet in BIOS.

That last option worked, and I then ran EtreCheck, and only saw that Sophos components were hanging around. (I must have removed Sophos at some point in the past.)

No other significant errors were found, but I was unable to update EtreCheck without an Internet connection. Nor can I install Sophos anew without that connection. Connecting to the Internet will freeze the whole system a few minutes after starting.

I suspect it might have been the VPN software I installed shortly before this craziness started. It was paid software (although I can't remember which right now), but I can't find any of its components among the running processes.

I'm at my wits end...

Any help will be gratefully acknowledged and acted on.

@BrianWatson, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

After a lot of confusion, and some help, I figured out the data needed for my profile. I hope someone can help me now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back