Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Successfully updated From Clover v5119 to OpenCore 0.6.9 on my MacOS 10.13.6/Haswell/Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI computer ("Mini-ITX 1" below). Couple of things that might be of interest: Booting required config.plist/Misc/Security/SecureBootModel String value to be changed from "Default" to "Disabled." Note: "Disable" is not recognized. Hackintool was needed to obtain the Generic Platform information and to create the SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext files. Otherwise it went pretty smoothly.

Last edited:
Have been attempting to update from Clover v5119 to OpenCore 0.7.1 on my MacOS 10.13.6/Coffee Lake/Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI computer ("Mini-ITX 3" below). Unlike the previous success in my first post above, this one is not working. Depending on what source I use, a few quirks in different places require contradictory Boolean commands. ("Devirtualize MMIO" and "Rebuild Apple Memory Map" come to mind, but there are others too.) Also the required nVidia kexts, which in Clover reside in Library wanted to stay there to work on my Haswell, but cannot finish the Apple progress bar no matter if they are in the EFI/OC/kexts/other folder or not.

I would like to know if the OpenCore Guide 0.7.1 for Coffee Lake is supposed to work for this motherboard running High Sierra. Has it been updated, or is the online guide lagging behind the OC version update?

Last edited:
Has anyone successfully booted an iMac18,3 SMBIOS with a Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI motherboard and OpenCore (preferably a late-version OpenCore)? It ain't happenin' for me!

Thanks, Middleman, I appreciate your time & effort. However, the mistake was mine. After searching fruitlessly for the "AWAC" clock in my DSDT, I decided I didn't need the SSDT-AWAC.aml file, but in fact I did. My bad; OpenCore 0.7.1 now boots my High Sierra computer just fine.

Thanks, Middleman, I appreciate your time & effort. However, the mistake was mine. After searching fruitlessly for the "AWAC" clock in my DSDT, I decided I didn't need the SSDT-AWAC.aml file, but in fact I did. My bad; OpenCore 0.7.1 now boots my High Sierra computer just fine.
Glad to hear it!

Oops... thought everything was solved, but noticed that in Activity Monitor there is an active process "trustd," parent "launchd," that constantly uses way over 100% of the i7-8700 CPU and makes its fan run at top speed. Does anyone know what that is? No such problem with Clover, but OpenCore is version 0.7.1 and I wonder if that is the cause. If I kill "trustd" in Activity Monitor, it comes back. Do I need to drop OpenCore 0.7.1 and go to an earlier version?

Deleted OpenCore 0.7.1 and installed OpenCore 0.7.0. After days of problems (and there are still some) I can boot from it as long as the EFI folder on my USB flash drive is plugged in, but not if its EFI folder has been copied to the SSD and the flash drive is removed. ????

Deleted OpenCore 0.7.1 and installed OpenCore 0.7.0. After days of problems (and there are still some) I can boot from it as long as the EFI folder on my USB flash drive is plugged in, but not if its EFI folder has been copied to the SSD and the flash drive is removed. ????
It sounds like your system has somehow baked in your USB's EFI partition as a default boot point?
Have you tried to boot using SecureBoot set to Disabled? To solve the USB EFI issue you may also need to first delete the entire EFI folder in your main drive, then copy over your current USB folder into the main drive EFI partition.

@Middleman,
Thanks for replying. Yes, that's one of the things I had to do... among many others. All works now, but I'm not sure there is any advantage of OpenCore 0.7.0 over Clover 5119 for booting my Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI system on High Sierra. Hours of problems with a net result of slower booting and that complex EFI folder. I have sea stories, but not worth using bandwidth since it finally works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back