Contribute
Register

Running High Sierra from external SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming
CPU
Intel Core i7 6700K Skylake (4.1 GHz, Socket 1151)
Graphics
gtx 1070 G1 SLI (x2)
Hi everybody,

Im new here, so my apologies if my question sounds stupid.

im currently working in a project so i cant format C/ where i run on win 10.

I have a possible new client but the workflow would be based on Mac.

A month ago, i upgraded my old iMac with a SSD and its currently running High Sierra, but the graphic card is not enough. So my question is:

Can I just use this SSD running High Sierra and plug (external or internal) to my PC, and (i dont know how) select from BIOS or before start, which SSD i wanna run? is it possible? would it work?

thank you so much!

MOBO: Gigabyte Z270X-Ultra Gaming
16 GB (2400 MHz, DDR4, CL15 DIMM)
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1

Hi everybody,

A month ago, i upgraded my old iMac with a SSD and its currently running High Sierra. So my question is:

Can I just use this SSD running High Sierra and plug (external or internal) to my PC, and (i dont know how) select from BIOS or before start, which SSD i want run? is it possible? would it work?

thank you so much!

that won't work unfortunately
best to start here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/im-new-to-everything-where-do-i-start.104542/

Hi everybody,

A month ago, i upgraded my old iMac with a SSD and its currently running High Sierra, but the graphic card is not enough. So my question is:

Can I just use this SSD running High Sierra and plug (external or internal) to my PC, and (i dont know how) select from BIOS or before start, which SSD i wanna run? is it possible? would it work?

thank you so much!

• Your "old iMac" is real Mac . It uses real Mac hardware to run your High Sierra in it.
  • Your listed hardware, GA-Z270X Ultra Gaming+ i76700+GeF GTX 1070 G1 are NON-Mac hardware and primarily made to run Microsoft Windows.
  • Hackintosh requires a lot of modifications in the drivers needed to use the listed hardware to be used as if they are real Mac Hardware and also need another software like Clover EFI to modify Mac's Bootloader to be used to boot the Installer disk or System disk in the non-mac Hardware.
  • Inserting your RealMac High Sierra SSD is like transplanting an Ape's heart in a Human body! it is sure to be rejected by your listed hardware and won't boot.
  • Just follow what feartech suggested and you can create a hackintosh.
  • I have used same MoBO+ but CPU 7700K (Kabylake) and Radeon to install High Sierra: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ming-i7-7700k-intel-hd-630-radeon5450.239427/

• Your "old iMac" is real Mac . It uses real Mac hardware to run your High Sierra in it.
  • Your listed hardware, GA-Z270X Ultra Gaming+ i76700+GeF GTX 1070 G1 are NON-Mac hardware and primarily made to run Microsoft Windows.
  • Hackintosh requires a lot of modifications in the drivers needed to use the listed hardware to be used as if they are real Mac Hardware and also need another software like Clover EFI to modify Mac's Bootloader to be used to boot the Installer disk or System disk in the non-mac Hardware.
  • Inserting your RealMac High Sierra SSD is like transplanting an Ape's heart in a Human body! it is sure to be rejected by your listed hardware and won't boot.
  • Just follow what feartech suggested and you can create a hackintosh.
  • I have used same MoBO+ but CPU 7700K (Kabylake) and Radeon to install High Sierra: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ming-i7-7700k-intel-hd-630-radeon5450.239427/

Thank you so much! I understand it perfectly ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back