I5 20gb ram
Graphics
Unknown
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi everyone. I am no means experienced enough to be a member of this site however I found this site after someone posted in a YouTube video. I have an old mid 2011 iMac which has been in the family for years. After my son deleted an old final cut to reinstall a new version it required an updated OS. We were using el capita something (sorry) I have watched tutorials on YouTube and managed to upgrade to Sierra. After downloading the free trial for Final Cut Pro x it d didn’t work with Sierra. Hours later I managed to install Catalina and all seems fine. After downloading trial of final cut again it now says graphics Configuration is not supported. Would anyone be kind enough to assist me please as I am at my wits end. Thank you and stay safe

Mojave and Catalina require graphics that support metal.
The latest that you can install would be macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra.

Thank you so much for the fast response and kind reply. When I installed Catalina the tutorial at one point it made me unmount the HDD and change the format? Is it easy/straight forward to revert back? When I installed Sierra final cut said I needed os upgrade so unsure which to install now? Sorry For the poor description

I have already installed Catalina and is working. I’m trying to install Final Cut Pro which won’t due to graphics configuration unsupported. Thanks again

I have already installed Catalina and is working. I’m trying to install Final Cut Pro which won’t due to graphics configuration unsupported. Thanks again
This is why Apple limits 2011 iMacs to High Sierra. There is no support for Metal 2 API which FCP X for Catalina uses. Install High Sierra and then Final Cut will work.

then best to go back to High Sierra

then best to go back to High Sierra
Thank you, when I installed Sierra final cut wouldn’t install due to needed updated OS. Hence the Catalina installation?

Thank you, when I installed Sierra final cut wouldn’t install due to needed updated OS. Hence the Catalina installation?
so what are you asking?

This is why Apple limits 2011 iMacs to High Sierra. There is no support for Metal 2 API which FCP X for Catalina uses. Install High Sierra and then Final Cut will work.
Thank you. I’m not sure what the numbers are but when I had Sierra the final cut wouldn’t install?

You have to use hardware that is supported by your software or software that is supported by your hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back