RX 580 4Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi All,

I'm building my first Hackintosh to use as a Music Workstation. I'm using a GA-Z170X-UD5 TH motherboard, a Core i7-6700K and 32Gb of RAM (Plus a 1TB SATA SSD).

I followed the standard Sierra build instructions and managed to get a working machine, using the integrated graphics (HD530) and on board Ethernet (Audio via a USB3 Zoom UAC-8 also works fine).

The video output was 4k @60Hz, but clearly not hardware accelerated (visible GFX tearing, glitches etc). I activated the IGP 530 driver via Multibeast which worked, but dropped the frame rate to 30Hz, which is a little jarring.

I now want to run a second 4K monitor, so have added a GeForce GTX950 to the system, but now the machine kernel panics during boot and gets locked into a reset loop.

Does anyone here run a dual 4K set up, if so, which card do they use?

I do run 2x4k screens. I'm using MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition motherboard and two Asus Strix GTX970 DCOCII's. Each screen is connected to one GPU using Display Port. Both are working @60Hz

I do run 2x4k screens. I'm using MSI Z97 SLI Krait Edition motherboard and two Asus Strix GTX970 DCOCII's. Each screen is connected to one GPU using Display Port. Both are working @60Hz

That's good news!

Are you able to talk me through your Nvidia set up? I appear to be having difficulty getting my 950 to work...

Did you install the nvidia web drivers?

Yes, but at that point my setup stopped booting... I fear I may have to wipe the disk and start again.

My plan is:

1. Fresh Sierra install.
2. Update.
3. Nvidia Web driver install.

My previous install started with the Intel HD530... that might be causing problems?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back