Contribute
Register

Run Yosemite on DELL XPS 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks, have removed the dynamic ssdt files, 3x, 4x, 5x from clover patched folder. Working on power management implementation now.

Cheers,
Dan

Hmm, not so good. With the generated SSDT file for power management my computer is crashing while booting. Photo from verbose mode and the text from running ssdtprgen are attached. Thanks so much for your help.

Attachments

• IMG_9120.jpeg
    IMG_9120.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 155
  • Terminal Saved Output-ssdt prgen.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 114
Sorry about that. Updated.

Sorry about that. Updated.

It is due to your CPU. Use -xcpm kernel flag.

Note: Your profile has a typo... 'HD400' should be 'HD4000'.

Thanks for that, booting fine with the -xcpm boot flag and looks like the battery life is much longer.

I'm about two years late to the party, but I really want to load OSX onto my L421X (Dell XPS14 Ultrabook). This thread will be my main resource since this will be my first time doing this.

Is Yosemite still the best option here? I've already tried High Sierra and can't get past the osx boot screen.

I'm about two years late to the party, but I really want to load OSX onto my L421X (Dell XPS14 Ultrabook). This thread will be my main resource since this will be my first time doing this.

Is Yosemite still the best option here? I've already tried High Sierra and can't get past the osx boot screen.
Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Although you should read the FAQ for an overview of issues, the Clover guide is linked from the first question: "Q. Where do I start?", just after the bold face "Clover Guide".
Here is a direct link, just to be clear:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-booting-the-os-x-installer-on-laptops-with-clover.148093/

Also, your profile must be filled out with complete details as requested in the FAQ, again under "Q. Where do I start?". All seven details requested are equally important.

And if you have an issue (after following the guide), or on any other problem, you must provide a detailed description of the problem including information that helps us understand what you're doing. Always attach "Problem Reporting" files as per FAQ.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html
The required files and data are fully detailed in the last question in the FAQ:
"Q. What are typical "Problem Reporting" files?"

Hey RehabMan, thanks for the reply. Spent a while reading through all that material. It's quite daunting actually! I may be posting Qs if I run into problems if that's cool with you?

First issue seems to be downloading a legit version of osx Sierra using Mojave. Any suggested download links as I can't get the appstore download to work for the life of me. Tried multiple computers etc.

Any suggestions for download links of trustworthy Sierra?

Hey RehabMan, thanks for the reply. Spent a while reading through all that material. It's quite daunting actually! I may be posting Qs if I run into problems if that's cool with you?

First issue seems to be downloading a legit version of osx Sierra using Mojave. Any suggested download links as I can't get the appstore download to work for the life of me. Tried multiple computers etc.

Any suggestions for download links of trustworthy Sierra?

Your hardware can run Mojave. No reason to use High Sierra.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back