Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Can anyone install yosemite on this machine?

I try several times with several options and I always get some errors. :beachball:

Hi guys, just wanted to bump this up as I'm working on the same computer. I've successfully installed OS X 10.11 on the laptop and am now working to patch the DDST and SSDT to configure audio, disable NVIDIA and gain screen brightness controls.

I extracted the DDST and SSDT files using clover as per the guide here https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

While trying to compile my *.dsl files I only have 2 errors, in SSDT-1, and SSDT-6. The error in SSDT-6 was caused by MXMX and I've removed it.

For SSDT-1 I've got 32 errors, all "syntax error, unexpected PARSEOP_PACKAGE" and "syntax error, unexpected '{'". I've uploaded the file as a .zip

Anyone know how I can modify this file so that I can get on with patching for my backlight control, sound and switching off NVIDA?

Cheers,

Attachments

• SSDT-1.dsl.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 152
Ok, realise now that this is an SSDT related to the CPU (scope (\_PR.CPU0) and is not relevant for my injection into the boot loader

EDIT: I have also realised that if I apply the remove_PSS patch it fixes the errors for this SSDT and it will compile without issue

Last edited:
Ok, realise now that this is an SSDT related to the CPU (scope (\_PR.CPU0) and is not relevant for my injection into the boot loader

EDIT: I have also realised that if I apply the remove_PSS patch it fixes the errors for this SSDT and it will compile without issue

You mean "Remove _PSS placeholders". It is the correct patch.

Yes thanks, compiled without a problem and the NVIDA graphics card is disabled. Trying to implement the backlight fix provided here for this model also: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/solved-backlight-issues-on-xps-14.172419/page-7

Will let you all know how it goes.

EDIT: Backlight functioning with ACPIbacklight kext and the code provided by Rehabman in the link. Now to try and fix the sound. Is currently working with the Voodoo HDA kext but am going to try using apple HDA

Cheers,

Last edited:
Sound is now working with patched apple HDA for realtek ALC275. Things work great. Also patched for to allow sleep with lid closed. Battery use seems to be fairly heavy, i have not been able to patch the ddst for battery status, but I have a battery status displayed uptop using ACPI battery manager. Will this be a realistic value if I have not patched the ddst with a battery patch?

Another cause of high battery usage may be the bluetooth. It is active and functional but I am unable to switch it off. I´m using a Quallcomm Atheros card. Will keep investigating.

Sound is now working with patched apple HDA for realtek ALC275. Things work great. Also patched for to allow sleep with lid closed. Battery use seems to be fairly heavy, i have not been able to patch the ddst for battery status, but I have a battery status displayed uptop using ACPI battery manager. Will this be a realistic value if I have not patched the ddst with a battery patch?

No such thing as ddst. It is DSDT.

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Another cause of high battery usage may be the bluetooth. It is active and functional but I am unable to switch it off. I´m using a Quallcomm Atheros card. Will keep investigating.

Turning off the BT radio is only available with supported Broadcom BT hardware.

Hi Rehabman, thanks for you help. The requested files are attached.

Might start looking for a broadcom BT - wifi card in that case or try and disable the bluetooth function completely.

Cheers,
Dan

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output - kextstat.zip
    1 KB · Views: 202
  • Terminal Saved Output-kextcache.zip
    953 bytes · Views: 127
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 150
  • Dan’s MacBook Pro.zip
    552.8 KB · Views: 225
Hi Rehabman, thanks for you help. The requested files are attached.

Might start looking for a broadcom BT - wifi card in that case or try and disable the bluetooth function completely.

Cheers,
Dan

Power management is not implemented.
See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

Also, ACPI is not patched correctly. Based on ACPI/origin you should have in ACPI/patched:
DSDT.aml
SSDT.aml (ssdtPRgen.sh)
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-6.aml

See guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-patching-laptop-dsdt-ssdts.152573/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back