Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
MBP17uni2.jpg
Rumor has it that a 17" Haswell based Retina MacBook Pro will be announced later this month. Will Apple bring back the 17" model that was discontinued as of the Ivy Bridge refresh? Apparently it could in the cards.

Source:
http://www.highlightpress.com/repor...vival-with-2013-haswell-refresh/3480/djohnson

This would be so good. I might even buy one. I have only bought a new mac once, but this might be time number two if a 17'' retina is available... What will the price be though? If the 15'' retina is already in the $2500 area... ouch.

... and they STILL can't use all that real estate to include a dedicated number pad? :p

... and they STILL can't use all that real estate to include a dedicated number pad? :p

That’s because their keyboard, including the space bar, would slide to the left and you’d have to offset the trackpad to the left too in order to avoid accidental trackpad input while typing. This arrangement can be found on many modern laptops but I think it looks aweful since it pushes the user to the left side of the display instead of putting him in the center.

Also, what do you expect from Apple who’s already pushing the narrower keyboards for desktop use?

Will Apple bring back the 17" model that was discontinued as of the Ivy Bridge refresh? Apparently it could in the cards.

Not a chance in hell. Apple axed the 17" MBP for a reason, and that reason was disappointing sales. I don't expect them to have changed their minds this fast. But I would love to be proven wrong.

I agree with all the comments re the keyboard on the 17" MacBook Pro, both pro and con. The 17" always looked ungainly to me, so I ended up with a 15". Now that the rest of the family is using 13" MacBook Pros I find even the 15" too big.

I'd love to see a 17" Retina -- that was the only disappointment to going to a Retina MBP last year, the forced downsize to 15". Modern IDEs are profligate in their use of screen real estate. Enough that when working from home I routinely borrow two monitors from my Hack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back