i9-9900k
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi, I'm planning to build a new hackintosh with Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 9900k and rtx 2080. I know that RTX won't work on Mojave because of no support from Nvidia (although I asked their support and they will release drivers, they don't know when yet) but will it work on High Sierra?

Hi, I'm planning to build a new hackintosh with Gigabyte Z390 AORUS PRO, 9900k and rtx 2080. I know that RTX won't work on Mojave because of no support from Nvidia (although I asked their support and they will release drivers, they don't know when yet) but will it work on High Sierra?

It sort of works on High Sierra. You get no acceleration and things lag. Unless you plan on dual booting into Windows for games, I currently do not recommend an RTX 2080 for OSX right now.

Hello All,
Is the 2080 being recognized on High Sierra?

thanks

Hello All,
Is the 2080 being recognized on High Sierra?

thanks

Even if the card is somehow recognized, it won't help. There are currently no web drivers for RTX cards for any MacOS for the time being, and if Nvidia is going to release drivers in the future they will most likely work on Mojave only, not High Sierra.

So just give up on any hope that RTX will work with High Sierra eventually.

Hello all,

Do you have any update, please ?

Best Regards,
Renaud

Do you have any update, please ?

@malaval-ren,

Still no support for RTX cards in MacOS .... probably will never happen for Mojave +
Some possibility that Nvidia may release a RTX driver for High Sierra, but looking less likely as time goes by ....

Cheers
Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back