Not open for further replies.

Hux

Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have an RTL8111DL ethernet chipset on my mobo. It works fine in Win 7 and Linux, but doesn't seem to be able to detect the ethernet cable when in OSX 10.6.3. I'm using the RealtekR1000SL kext. The audio driver did not initially work either, but I've been able to get that up and running. If I boot using iBoot, everything works fine.

The network preferences shows the device, but says it's not connected. ifconfig shows the status as "status: inactive".

Is there some sort of trick to getting this to work?

Thanks,
-Brett

Try going into network prefs, deleting the Ethernet option completely, then re-add it. Or if that doesn't work, delete it, reboot, then re-add it. Should pick it up. Sometimes when you boot and use Ethernet using iBoot, the configuration doesn't know what to do without iBoot. :p Hope this works.

I have GA-H55-S2H core i3 and I am booting off hard drive and everything is working except network. I just can't get it to work either. It say cable unplugged. But hey its installed its booting and audio - mouse is working. I never thought Id see this day. But if anyone has any inputs as to how to trouble shoot and find out what is causing this id be a happy camper.

Thanks to all who have put in a lot of time and work to get us this far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back