CPU
Intel Core 2 Extreme X9650
Graphics
nVidia GTX 750ti
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've been having trouble setting up the ethernet on my hackintosh build. I built it out of an old desktop and installed a PCI ethernet card. I've tried various drivers and kexts but in system profiler it says that there doesn't seem to be any PCI cards installed. When I run DPCI it shows that the card is installed, and the card works in my other computers, so the problem seems to be on the software side of things. I can't add a connection in network preferences or anything. A week of experimentation has proven to be a little frustrating, so I'd appreciate any and all help.

@apetty24, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard, CPU and Graphics Card.
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard (Mobo).
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Details have been updated. Sorry about that.

I'm having same issue on a new install on my old GA-Z77-DS3H. I am using El Capitan because High Sierra is very picky and well I use this OS version on my main build on my GA-Z97 board I use for audio production/DAW. I want to setup a Gateway, file server and mainly a VPN server. I just need to get this second network adapter working and I can do the rest as I'm proficient at setting up servers. This one has my mind blowing away because I normally can fix everything by searching but this one has my mind just melting. Its a simple Realtek 8169 card, its an older card that should work OOB but its not.

What bothers me is in System Report the RLT 8169 card does not even show up in the Hardware>PCI when my:

Atheros AR8161 PCI, Sata Controller, USB Controllers, everything shows up except for the RLT 8169. I had to use a DSDT.aml to get everything to show up properly. The card has been stored in a plastic box so there shouldn't be anything wrong with it.

BTW the card doesn't even show up in DPCIManager whatsoever. So does this mean the card is dead or something with OS X not seeing that PCI port?

Well I realized had a Trendent USB to network adapter I was using on my Korg Kronos keyboard. Plugged it in and boom right away it was recognized. Did a speed test and got 40.7 download and 20.3 upload. PERFECT!!!!

Guess I will trash this 8169 PCI card as I had it for a long, long time!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back