Contribute
Register

RT3573 linksys AE3000 - please help

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hello. Please excuse me if I am missing something obvious. This is my first attempt at installing osx on x86 platform and something is a miss. Trust I have exhausted everything I can think off.

USB Linksys AE3000 card (crappy choice of wifi card but its all i have) on osx 10.8

1. First I tried this method: http://dossy.org/2009/11/using-a-ciscolinksys-wusb600n-on-macos-x-10-6/ I thought it would be as simple as installing these drivers. I realized the linksysAE1000 and linksysAE3000 do not use the same chipset but I gave it a shot anyway. It did not work. Tried the older drivers and the latest just for the sake of trying
  2. But I realized RALINK does support this chipset in the same driver package. See here: http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php?sn=502 Chipset 3X7X is listed as a supported device.
  3. I tried modifying my plist file within kext folder to see if I could get it to work.In OSX system profile my USB card has a ProductID of 0x003b and VendorID of 0x13b1. Do I just convert this to an integer and replace as follows:

<key>Linksys - RT3070 - 2</key>
<dict>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.Ralink.driver.RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOClass</key>
<string>RT2870USBWirelessDriver</string>
<key>IOProviderClass</key>
<string>IOUSBDevice</string>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>59</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5943</integer>
</dict>

I know I must be close but there is something I am overlooking. Please help.

Motherboard
Mountain Lion
Mac
MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am running into the same problem. I am playing with the info.plist file now. I was able to get mediatek driver to work in Windows by changing the .INF file. However, I have never needed to change an OS X driver. Have you made any progress on this problem?

ModBot Jr

Motherboard
Asrock Z97-E ITX/ac
CPU
Core i3-4150
Graphics
GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Mac
MacBook Air
Classic Mac
Classic, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello. Please excuse me if I am missing something obvious. This is my first attempt at installing osx on x86 platform and something is a miss. Trust I have exhausted everything I can think off.

USB Linksys AE3000 card (crappy choice of wifi card but its all i have) on osx 10.8

1. First I tried this method: http://dossy.org/2009/11/using-a-ciscolinksys-wusb600n-on-macos-x-10-6/ I thought it would be as simple as installing these drivers. I realized the linksysAE1000 and linksysAE3000 do not use the same chipset but I gave it a shot anyway. It did not work. Tried the older drivers and the latest just for the sake of trying
  2. But I realized RALINK does support this chipset in the same driver package. See here: http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php?sn=502 Chipset 3X7X is listed as a supported device.
  3. I tried modifying my plist file within kext folder to see if I could get it to work.In OSX system profile my USB card has a ProductID of 0x003b and VendorID of 0x13b1. Do I just convert this to an integer and replace as follows:

<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>59</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5943</integer>
</dict>

User Names, Profiles, Avatars and Signatures

• Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Have you made any progress on this? I'm using the same adapter.

Motherboard
GA-H77N-WIFI F4
CPU
i7-3770
Graphics
HD 4000
Mobile Phone
Android

<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>59</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>
<integer>5943</integer>
</dict>

1. 0x003b = 59, but 0x13b1 is not 5943, but 5041 (according to the OS X Calculator).
2. Have you really written the CFBundleIndentifier key this way? With a space at the end of the string? If there is a single space in this key's value, the kext won't ever find the hardware.
3. Did you repaired the kext caches after this "surgery intervention"?

Motherboard
GiGabyte
CPU
I3
Graphics
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Got it working with latest "RTUSB D2870-4.2.6.0 UI-4.0.8.0_2012_09_28" drivers. :

</dict>
<key>Linksys - AE3000</key>
<dict>
<key>IOClass</key>
<key>idProduct</key>
<integer>59</integer>
<key>idVendor</key>