CPU
Intel Core i5 7600k Kaby Lake
Graphics
Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce 1050 ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I need assistance. Every time I try to boot up El Capitan on my Hackintosh setup it pauses at the Apple logo (verbose mode: “++++++”).

I’ve tried these flags: -s -v -x nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=NO
PCIRootUID=0

I did not add any kexts to the EFI folder.

Setup:
Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2
Intel Core i5 7600k (Kaby Lake)
Ballistix 16GB DDR4 (Slots: A1 and B1)
Gigabyte GeForce 1050ti 4GB (
Use the HDMI port to connect to TV)
El Capitan (10.11.6 or version 1.7.50)

I need assistance. Every time I try to boot up El Capitan on my Hackintosh setup it pauses at the Apple logo (verbose mode: “++++++”).

I’ve tried these flags: -s -v -x nv_disable=1 GraphicsEnabler=NO
PCIRootUID=0

I did not add any kexts to the EFI folder.

Setup:
Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2
Gigabyte GeForce 1050ti 4GB (
Use the HDMI port to connect to TV)
There is no support for Pascal graphics until mid way through Sierra.
GraphicsEnabler=No is for the Chimera boot loader - Not valid in Clover.
PCIRootUID=0 is default - No need to enter that.
For the row of plus signs you should replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

Setup:
Asus TUF Z270 Mark 2
Gigabyte GeForce 1050ti 4GB (Use the HDMI port to connect to TV)

Please update your CPU, motherboard and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

Two problems that I can see :

(1) El Capitan has no support for Kaby Lake hardware. If you insist on using El Capitan you may have to resort to tricks like FakeCPUID to spoof your CPU.
(2) Pascal graphics cards like your GTX 1050Ti cannot be used in El Capitan as Nvidia only releases drivers for them for Sierra and High Sierra.

So I think the best course for you is to upgrade to MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra.

There is no support for Pascal graphics until mid way through Sierra.
GraphicsEnabler=No is for the Chimera boot loader - Not valid in Clover.
PCIRootUID=0 is default - No need to enter that.
For the row of plus signs you should replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi in EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/

I replaced VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus.efi and it still gave the same problem

Please update your CPU, motherboard and graphics card information in your Personal Details as stipulated by the rules of this forum.

Two problems that I can see :

(1) El Capitan has no support for Kaby Lake hardware. If you insist on using El Capitan you may have to resort to tricks like FakeCPUID to spoof your CPU.
(2) Pascal graphics cards like your GTX 1050Ti cannot be used in El Capitan as Nvidia only releases drivers for them for Sierra and High Sierra.

So I think the best course for you is to upgrade to MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 or High Sierra.

I updated my info and I'll do that then. However, my MBP is an 09' so I will not be able to download MacOS. Is there another way to go about this?

I updated my info and I'll do that then. However, my MBP is an 09' so I will not be able to download MacOS. Is there another way to go about this?

Do you have access to a newer Mac / hackintosh (say from a friend) running El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra that will allow you to download either the Sierra or High Sierra full installer?

If not, you may need to modify your El Capitan bootable USB stick by incorporating FakeCPUID, and then try using that stick to boot your system again, hoping it will get you into El Capitan, which should allow you to download the Sierra or High Sierra full installer.

Your El Capitan bootable USB stick was created using Unibeast? Do you know how to use FakeCPUID?

Do you have access to a newer Mac / hackintosh (say from a friend) running El Capitan / Sierra / High Sierra that will allow you to download either the Sierra or High Sierra full installer?

If not, you may need to modify your El Capitan bootable USB stick by incorporating FakeCPUID, and then try using that stick to boot your system again, hoping it will get you into El Capitan, which should allow you to download the Sierra or High Sierra full installer.

Your El Capitan bootable USB stick was created using Unibeast? Do you know how to use FakeCPUID?

I was just about to make an update about that.

So far this is where I am at.
I use a FakeCPUID: 0x0506E3
I still include the flag: nv_disable=1

Problems Encountered:
Missing Bluetooth Controller Transport
Apple USBXHCIPCI::createPorts:: unsupported speed mantissa 1248 exponent 2
Apple USBXHCIPCI::createPorts:: unsupported speed mantissa 2496 exponent 2
Apple USBXHCIPCI::createPorts:: unsupported speed mantissa 4992 exponent 2

Also, I am also working on getting someone to download MacOS High Sierra for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back