Contribute
Register

[ROUGH GUIDE] Fix for Finder Preview not working on Mojave 10.14.1+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I don't have that option in my Bios (I have the latest possible version) so I'm not able to do what you explained. I turned down using mojave because the previews files isn't working at ALL, so that's impossible work with it.

If you get lucky to have another way to solve this please keep me posted I would really like to be able to use Mojave!!
Hi there, I was curious about what you said, that you can´t see the previews from adobe. I hadn´t checked it, so after reading your post I did it and, I can, and my build is similar to yours.

I really struggled with it for a long time, until UtterDisbelief told me to use the NoVPAJpeg.kext and I got it working. (post 67 from this thread).

I also use the hackintool to check if the kexts I have are up to date, I don´t know, maybe your Lilu is not updated. This weekend (trying to fix other issue that I have) I updated Lilu and other two more kexts. Maybe is a dumb advice, but maybe it's worth the shot.

Hope you solve it soon because I agree, is a pain in the neck this "simple fix" situation.

By the way, Does any one knows if there are any AMD developers in these forums? Since the AMD cards are more suitable for our rigs and we are an interesting market niche, It would be nice if we had a hand from them from time to time.

Cheers!

thanks for reading my post ! yep indeed I have the latest kext possibles as well as using NoVPAjpeg, I'll check to use the next one when they update, maybe that would solve it ? So far it's been disappointing to solve this.

You know the best thing I was hoping for is to talk with the guy who did the NoVPAjpeg, since this issues with jpeg as far as I understood it would be solve the same way for any other file previews for adobe files. I tried to reach but he he never replied... so I guess I'm all alone with that issue for now.

And

I've Found the Option in my bios, however, it's as you UtterDisbelief have said, not very straightforward. As a maeter of fact, unless you dig enough, you wouldn't even tell it has anything to do with the iGPU.

Anyway, I've set it to 128, but also have the novajpeg that you recommended me working first and, well, It's working as normal. However, I don't know what of both of the fixes is really working now.

Here is the screenshot in the BIOS:

View attachment 469633

Is that all that I was supposed to do Big-W?

Thanks a lot!

Just a quick update from my other post: That screenshot from above was taken with F7 BIOS from gigabyte. I recently updated the BIOS to F10C (I'm looking to fix other issues... there is always other issues to fix hehe). Now gigabyte went the last mile and made a more understandable interface. Here is how it looks now:

200520145610.jpg

And now you can really find the internal graphics option and the aperture size to choose the option that you need.

Cheers.

Switching the IGFX from Auto to Enabled in the bios did it for me.

Cheers!

SOLVED! Hi guys, after almost half of a year... without a solution I finally get myself a new macbook to finally find out that I have the SAME issue, as with the hack! No jokes, pretty painfull when you hit that wall...:banghead:

So no preview for any PSD files or PSB (solved JPG preview with Kext) so if you're having this issue you know it's technically impossible to work like that if your day to day job is only visual.

I won't talk about all the crazy stuff I've tried on forum, since this issue is pretty hard pin, as it may be related to Adobe or Apple or Hack. Most will simply say delete the finder preference file, which is totally useless as it won't fix anything.

The solution is pretty simple and effective. I found and buy a plugin, which enable 'quicklook' to show all the thumbnail of PSD and PSB. This is very nice update since PSB didn't have preview yet. Check: http://www.johnrellis.com/photoshop/psbquicklook.htm

if you read below on that page, you'll see how John, the plugin's creator explain why this happen and why he solved it. So this is a wider solution as this include real mac as well as hackintosh, and this on most OS, not only Mojave.

Hope anyone with this issue will be reading this, since this is the right way to fix this!

Thank you! Worked like a charm!

OP, a sincere thank you for this.
I just upgraded from High Sierra to Mojave last night, and ran into this bug. Your solution worked perfectly.

Thank you for writing the steps so clearly, it really made a difference in getting this to work.

I tried editing the file directly in BBEdit, and it wouldn't let me save it directly. (Said I didn't have permissions to the group "wheel" whatever that means.) Anyway, the solution was simple. I turned off System Integrity Protection, rebooted, and coped the edited file from the desktop into that directory, and then rebooted. Worked like a charm. (Users can turn off System Integrity Protection at startup with the clover boot loaded by clicking on the gear icon, and then System Parameters, the System Integrity Protection and checking the boxes to temporarily turn this off to allow the copy into that directory.)

Thanks again, OP!

Was just about to try this technique after updating... but...

Installed Vanila Mojave 10.14.6 had this problem. Then there was another security update so I decided to update first and try changing SMBIOS to MacPro 5.1, apparently it fixed this issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back