Contribute
Register

[ROUGH GUIDE] Fix for Finder Preview not working on Mojave 10.14.1+

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot! It worked great on my hack Mojave 10.14.6. It was missing to be complete. :)

Thanks! worked for me too after a lot of search :)

I finally decided to bite the bullet and replaced my nVidia card for an AMD so I could upgrade to Mojave. The upgrade went smoothly, but I quickly ran into the "Preview not working" problem. Your fix worked perfectly. Everything is working again. Thank you.

Worked for me tooo :) Thank you very much!!!

This also worked for me. What I did was try to change definitions, following other solutions on YouTube Their approaches were seemingly innocuous; safe and easy. Dabbling with lines of code always scares me. So, I had a bunch of Board IDs there. Wasted half a day following those.

What I did was to delete everything, all Board IDs.

Thanks, man. Back with a stable and reliable build.

I don't have a Board ID in my SMBIOS information. What's the best approach to resolve? The Product Model is showing as iMac14,2. Everything apart from preview is working.

I have the same situation but I've found 3 of them,

The first at line 86:

<key>Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61</key>
<dict>
<key>forceOfflineRenderer</key>
<true/>
<key>jpeg</key>
<true/>
</dict>

But there are other 2 at the end. Around line 299

<key>Mac-FA842E06C61E91C5</key>
<dict>
<true/>
<key>jpeg</key>
<true/>
</dict>
<key>Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4</key>
<dict>
<true/>
</dict>

I've oppened it with BBEdit (downloaded directly from the website) and if I want to save the file, I get this error:

"You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this operation (macOS error code: -5000)."

Any Idea?

Attachments

• Info.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 89
Dude, that is an epic simple solution to a freaky weird problem.
I am using almost no clover modifs, and selected imac 18.3 figured out the BoardId and just changed the true to false saved the file rebooted and tadaaa all my previews work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back