Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811147296

I ordered one of these a week ago and just got it delivered. Pretty impressed (and surprised) how much the quality control has improved since the FBM-01 which I bought about 7-8 years ago. From the paint job to the thicker side panels and overall fit and finish. It's the older style PSU top mounted case but that's what I wanted anyway for the PSU I planned to use in it. Also wanted the one 5.25" bay as well. It looks like there are two but only one usable bay there.

I've never seen a case at this price with smooth edges internally and a decent but small amount of room for cable management. Power button is the same quality you'd find on higher end cases. Fit of the USB ports is excellent too. The pics make it look bigger than it actually is so make sure to read all the dimensions on the Newegg site. It's easy to see they borrowed some ideas from Fractal Design and their budget mATX case the Core 1100. I've got one of those too. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00NPIL6GQ/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Some pics of the case I got and just unboxed this AM.

FBM-06 by Rosewill​

20201202_083241.jpg

20201202_083227.jpg

20201202_083331.jpg

Last edited:
One downside is the "punch out" PCIe slot covers but at this price point it's to be expected. I will be using the Intel HD graphics anyway so it makes no difference. The slot covers will stay in place. Even comes with one pre-installed 80mm exhaust fan. Super.

20201202_091321.jpg

Here's the PSU installed. Fits perfect.

20201202_091413.jpg

Last edited:
https://www.newegg.com/p/N82E16811147296

I ordered one of these a week ago and just got it delivered. Pretty impressed (and surprised) how much the quality control has improved since the FBM-01 which I bought about 7-8 years ago. From the paint job to the thicker side panels and overall fit and finish. It's the older style PSU top mounted case but that's what I wanted anyway for the PSU I planned to use in it. Also wanted the two 5.25" bays as well. I've never seen a case at this price with smooth edges internally and a decent but small amount of room for cable management. Power button is the same quality you'd find on higher end cases. Fit of the USB ports is excellent too. The pics make it look bigger than it actually is so make sure to read all the dimensions on the Newegg site. It's easy to see they borrowed some ideas from Fractal Design and their budget mATX case the Core 1100. I've got one of those too.

Some pics of the case I got and just unboxed this AM.

FBM-06 by Rosewill​

View attachment 499514

View attachment 499515

View attachment 499516

Does look nice :thumbup: Price makes it a bargain. For under desk use the front port arrangement is great.

:)

For under desk use the front port arrangement is great.
Even one USB 3.0 in front for higher speed data transfer is nice to have. Great to have your expectations exceeded.

Here's about the only in depth review of this case I could find online. Spoiler alert, the reviewer really likes the case.

Last edited:
Padding on the bottom of the feet ! Never see that on a 30 dollar case. Even the FD Core 1100 doesn't. They even stay stuck on. Rosewill really did a great job to make this feel premium at a super low price.

1607022905083.png

Last edited:
Here's the Core 1100 side by side with the FBM-06. The same height exactly. The Fractal case is an inch longer from the front to back. I paid the same $29.99 for each. Hard to pick a winner between the two. Depends on where you want the USB ports and power button.

20201203_132509.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back