Dell XPS 7590
CPU
i9-9980HK
Graphics
GTX 1650
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hello,
I'm not totally uneducated when it comes to IT, but I don't want to loose too much time either in browsing thousands of posts.
And certainly don't want to end up messing stuff up.

I'm still considering a dual boot (for just in case I might need Win), but if this is to unstable, I'm prepared to drop it totally.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction to a roadmap for installing mac os mojave on my new device?

I'd like a manual that also covers fixing audio, brightness or sd card issues.
I'm also looking for the notorious type of wifi card that apparently is needed to make the wifi working.

With the holidays coming up, I hope I can start this weekend.
Thanks,

Hello,
I'm not totally uneducated when it comes to IT, but I don't want to loose too much time either in browsing thousands of posts.
And certainly don't want to end up messing stuff up.

I'm still considering a dual boot (for just in case I might need Win), but if this is to unstable, I'm prepared to drop it totally.
Can somebody please point me in the right direction to a roadmap for installing mac os mojave on my new device?

I'd like a manual that also covers fixing audio, brightness or sd card issues.
I'm also looking for the notorious type of wifi card that apparently is needed to make the wifi working.

With the holidays coming up, I hope I can start this weekend.
Thanks,
Read up on the FAQ first:

Link to laptop guide:

Hi Feartech,

I'm sure all is with good intentions, but after reading through those links and probably +20 long threads,
I mostly found incomplete, dated or ambiguous or even contradictory threads.
At the same time, you can't send a msg to someone before you contributing 75! things myself. ???

I'm trying allright, but with those limitations it looks like searching for a needle in a haystack.
I'm sure this isn't be the intention of this forum, is it?

Hi Feartech,

I'm sure all is with good intentions, but after reading through those links and probably +20 long threads,
I mostly found incomplete, dated or ambiguous or even contradictory threads.
At the same time, you can't send a msg to someone before you contributing 75! things myself. ???

I'm trying allright, but with those limitations it looks like searching for a needle in a haystack.
I'm sure this isn't be the intention of this forum, is it?
no need for private comms, this forum is for the benefit of everyone

follow up on the laptop guide, use a later version of clover, see how you get on, if you have issues, then upload your problem reporting files

I am following up the laptop guide for Mojave.
But at step 3, it's unclear whether I need to use the UEFI settings mentioned or more recent specific ones.
Also,I can't find any up to date info on what features are actually working and not with that version.
Can you help with that, please?

I am following up the laptop guide for Mojave.
But at step 3, it's unclear whether I need to use the UEFI settings mentioned or more recent specific ones.
Also,I can't find any up to date info on what features are actually working and not with that version.
Can you help with that, please?
use a later version of clover and use the efi files mentioned in the guide

efi files mentioned in the guide
Not sure to which you are referring. Are you referring to the bios setting links? Because if so, I don't see anything that says Dell on it, which is why I don't consider them valid.

Not sure to which you are referring. Are you referring to the bios setting links? Because if so, I don't see anything that says Dell on it, which is why I don't consider them valid.
The resulting drivers64UEFI should look something like this:
drivers64UEFI.png

Sorry, I'm confused.
I don't see this mentioned or linked in this guide.
Where should I get these, how and at what point in the guide are they added?

Sorry, I'm confused.
I don't see this mentioned or linked in this guide:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back