Contribute
Register

ROLAND DUO-CAPTURE EX in Big Sur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resolved. Roland Tech Support told me it doesn't work and they no longer support it. However I decided to pick through their drivers and try each one and managed to get it working.

1. Be sure to uninstall *any* previous Roland audio drivers you may have.
2. Restart
3. Download "duoex_m13d103.tar" from Roland
4. Install and give permissions
5. Restart
6. After restart *go back into "SystemPreferences/Security&Privacy" and check to see if there are further requests for permissions from something like "generic driver"*.
7. Plug in the Duo-Capture Ex and all should be well

*UPDATE*

Ultimately the issue with this interface is that, whilst it isn't supported any longer, you need to map the USB ports to get to working right. I dodged, cheated and tried to shortcut doing this and ultimately caused myself so much undue angst. It's easy! I had really slow shutdowns and restarts, and whilst I had the card working it didn't work right. Following this great YouTube guide I nailed the mapping and the shutdown/restart issues were no more. Most of all, all audio interface matters also resolved themselves.

Hi budest, I have the same problem: I'm trying to make my Roland Duo-Capture Ex work under Big Sur. Could you explain to me again how you made it work? I don't know how to find "duoex_m13d103.tar" from Roland. Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back