Roc's Build - Z68MX-UD2H-B3 / i7-2600K / HD6870
rocHack.jpg

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3
Amazon

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K
Amazon

GPU: GIGABYTE ATI Radeon HD6870 1GB DDR5 2DVI/HDMI/2x
Amazon

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory Kit CMZ16GX3M4A1600?C9B
Amazon

HD0 (for OS and Apps): OCZ Technology 120 GB Vertex Series SATA II Solid State Drive
Amazon

HD1 (file storage, Adobe scratch disk): Samsung 1 TB Spinpoint 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA
Amazon

BURNER: LG CD/DVD Burner Model GH22NS50
Amazon

CPU COOLER: Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H50 All in One High-performanc?e CPU Cooler CWCH50-1
Amazon

P/S: Antec CP-850 850 Watt CPX Power Supply Unit
Amazon

CASE: Antec Performance One P183 V3 Case
Amazon

Comments

This is my first Hack, and I have to say that this was a rewarding project.

I truly want to thank tonymacx86 and all of the users involved in this community for being the best resources for this project. There is no way I could have done this without the knowledge found here through your efforts... THANK YOU!

Two people in particular for posting their builds and methods were pretty much all I needed to get this thing going. I followed these two threads pretty much exclusively and I'm proud to say that I'm posting this thread on my NEW HACK and it's running flawlessly thus far...

Gordo74 - I followed this thread to the letter for a clean Lion install and did not have a SINGLE issue. http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=168&t=32306

Stork - I found this thread early on and it really helped in selecting components.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=264&t=36296

Posting screen shots of my MultiBeast set up would be redundant since the links above do a great job.

Did a clean install of Lion with Unibeast and MultiBeast by following the links above.
BIOS on my board is F10, but the DSDT file for my board was F9. I used the F9 DSDT, DID NOT flash the BIOS.

I already owned an Apple 20" Cinema Display and purchased another used one.
I had to get an adapter to use one of the MiniDisplay ports on the graphics card to get dual monitors working.

This Hack is FAST, Lightning fast.
I ran the free version of Geekbench (It says it tests in 32 bit mode for the free version), and got returns of 11,300 +

I've installed Adobe CS5 Master Suite and all apps open super quick and run perfectly.
Still waiting to install the Microsoft Office 2011.

It's beautiful, I love it. Anyway, that's it. SUCCESS!! :headbang:

I hope I put my build in the template properly... If not could a mod inform me and I'll make the edit?

Just a little update....

I installed Microsoft Office 11 and it's also working perfectly so far.
As is Suitcase Fusion 3 for font management.

I put my new Hack through its paces yesterday and the day before... so far.... not a single issue. Outstanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back