1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 512K
  2. Plus
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I purchased one of these and apparently it's so new I can't even register it. Documentation claims Mac compatibility but no drivers and the web interface does not work. Highpoint says they will get me drivers as soon as possible but haven't provided them yet. Will put it in my Mac Pro to see what happens there...

The RocketRAID 2760A that I pulled from my MacPro tower does work. It has limitations
  • Not bootable (slower than the nvme anyway)
  • No TRIM support. The drives all look like SCSI drives so this will never change
  • For spinning disks only. SSHDs will work but for some reason they are actually slower than normal drives in a RAID configuration
The lack of TRIM support bugs me. They said it would have TRIM eventually (internally) but it never happened.

I've had drivers for some time now. Works great as long as you don't need trim and don't expect to boot off it. I am running 12 seagate 4TB 2.5 drives in RAID 10 with 2 hot spares. One of the drives went offline today. That card has a horribly loud Piezo alarm. rebuilding now, no data lost.

Aloha Macs_forever. Wanted to ask for your assistance if I could. I purchased the rocketraid 840a raid controller which worked reasonably well in my High Sierra x99 build. Upon upgrading to Catalina 10.15.2, the mac os does not recognized the raid volume. I deleted the HighpointOP.kext and HighPointRR.kext and reinstalled the drivers directly from High Point's website but to no avail still no recognition. On boot up the computer does recognize the raid volume and you can hear the hard disk(s) working. Any advice and recommendations would be appreciated. Mahalo in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back