2x GTX 760 TI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. Other
Highpoint's web support requires having purchased the product and registering the serial number, and I have not yet purchased the 2720. There is no other contact or support channel available through their site that I can find. Likewise, I have Googled a bit and searched the forums here without luck.
My question is whether the 2720 will work with only four PCI express lanes available or not? I am running dual 660ti's, so there will only be 4 PCIe lanes available to the 2720 if installed. The impact on the second 660ti is not of concern for my purposes (it is only feeding an additional 2 monitors at this time). My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. If any further information on my build is required, just say the word.
Thank you, in advance, to each of you that take the time to reply! =}

Highpoint's web support requires having purchased the product and registering the serial number, and I have not yet purchased the 2720. There is no other contact or support channel available through their site that I can find. Likewise, I have Googled a bit and searched the forums here without luck.

I would call or email their headquarters and ask for pre-sale technical support - they're bound to have someone who can answer your question. Their phone number is 408-942-5800, email [email protected]. (I got this information from their "About" page: http://www.highpoint-tech.com/USA_new/about_rocketraid_sales.htm).

My question is whether the 2720 will work with only four PCI express lanes available or not? I am running dual 660ti's, so there will only be 4 PCIe lanes available to the 2720 if installed. The impact on the second 660ti is not of concern for my purposes (it is only feeding an additional 2 monitors at this time). My motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H. If any further information on my build is required, just say the word.
Thank you, in advance, to each of you that take the time to reply! =}

Does this help? (from http://www.tonymacx86.com/98-review-highpoint-rocketraid-2720sgl.html).

Beyond that we should point out that the RocketRAID 2720SGL is a PCI Express x8 card which means that in most motherboards – X58 and X79 chipset based motherboards excluded – you’ll end up having to share eight lanes of PCI Express bandwidth with your graphics card if you’re using a discrete card...

Thank you! Can't believe that I completely missed the "About Us" page on their website. I know in the review it states it needs 8 lanes, but still not clear whether it will operate with only 4. I will send them an email and post the response here.

Hi Damonab,

Have you got a reply from them?

I have a similar setup as yours. I'm running a Hackintosh Mountain Lion 10.8.4 on top of a Gigabyte Z77-UD5H and 2 EVGA GeForce 680 FTW 4GB in SLI (which I use for gaming on Windows). I bought the RocketRaid 2720SGL and I can't get it to be recognized by the motherboard if I plug it into the PCIe x4, neither if I only remove one of the graphic cards. I have to connect the card on the PCIe x8 slot for the motherboard to recognize it.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back