Motherboard
HP Envy X360 15m-CN00xx
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
HD 620
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Rocket Raid 2310, the card has been set up in raid 5 and initialized it works fine in windows, but does not show up at all in OSX Lion I checked profiler and Disk utility; I still don't see any reference to the card I have confirmed the card works just not in OSX. Please Help me. Any help Greatly appreciated. :crazy:

After making this post I remembered the windows bios files for the rr2310 would not update using the regular update files and the read me had the following files.
"rr231xpm.v25 BIOS image file for RR231x.
rr230xpm.v25 BIOS image file for RR230x.
7042pm.v25 BIOS image file for RR231x/230x with PCI ID 0x704211AB."

and only the 7042pm.v25 worked for me. so when I looked at the kext in osx lion I found that 0x704211AB PCI ID was not included in the kext PCI ID Device list, so I included it and cleared the kext cache restarted the pc and there it was. :headbang: Thank you for looking I hope This helps anyone else who has been having this issue.

Hi itech,

I've been looking for a RAID card recently for my hackintosh, since my motherboard's built in RAID apparently doesn't work with OS X.

Looking around, it seems that this RocketRAID 2310 card is good and will do what I need it to. I'm glad to hear that you got it working under Lion, but to confirm, does it work under both Windows and OS X? I've heard stories of different firmwares for EFI/BIOS where the card will only work in Windows or OS X, not both - however in the hackintosh case, technically you're using one firmware since both OSs use BIOS (only real Macs use EFI) so I can see how it could work. Anyway, could you possibly confirm that it works under both OSs?

Secondly, I'd like to know how much it adds to the boot up time on both Windows and OS X, as again I've heard things on the Internet complaining about 2 minutes extra or something - just curious to know whether this is actually true or not!

I'm only asking all this since I haven't bought the card yet, and don't want to have to send it back if it's the wrong product for me.

Could you let me know on the above at some point?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back