3. MacBook Pro
  4. Mac mini
  5. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
So I was using an AMD AX7870 because on the Rocket Lake I failed to get IGPU working but with some help from @Middleman I managed to get it working in Headless Mode. Today my AMD Radeon RX580 came so I put it in and now I am getting way better video results. When I checked it in VideoProc I noticed it showed the Rocket Lake as full acceleration which is strange. Any advise as to why this is. I booted with the RX580 connected to the TV via HDMI and not the IGPU. Bios is set as PCIE for main display and enabled for multi monitor mode.
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 11.38.23 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 11.43.20 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 11.42.59 AM.png

Attachments

• pcidevices.plist
    7.5 KB · Views: 154
@suren6791
This is normal behavior if the iGPU is set as headless mode in config.plist. Hackintool says VDA Decoder Fully supported and VideoProc as well. VideoProc shows the name of the iGPU in the Hardware Info window even though the main card is the dGPU. This is normal.

But in pcidevices.plist it seems that the iGPU is set with all properties, as if it were the main card:
igpu1.png
This is for iGPU as main card.
Try leaving only the AAPL property, ig-platform-id, in config.plist, like this:
igpu2.png
This is for headless mode.

@suren6791
This is normal behavior if the iGPU is set as headless mode in config.plist. Hackintool says VDA Decoder Fully supported and VideoProc as well. VideoProc shows the name of the iGPU in the Hardware Info window even though the main card is the dGPU. This is normal.

But in pcidevices.plist it seems that the iGPU is set with all properties, as if it were the main card:
View attachment 523127
This is for iGPU as main card.
Try leaving only the AAPL property, ig-platform-id, in config.plist, like this:
View attachment 523128
This is for headless mode.
Thanks, I will give that a try. Yeah not that I'm complaining about, just happy that I finally got HEVC working with the new RX580.

Suren6791,

suren6791-rocketlake.png

Congrats on your new build, but I have to say that's an amazing achievement! The fact that you got Rocket Lake going is an understatement. Not many people have got it going. That's the first time I've seen it displayed correctly.

Suren6791,

View attachment 523132

Congrats on your new build, but I have to say that's an amazing achievement! The fact that you got Rocket Lake going is an understatement. Not many people have got it going. That's the first time I've seen it displayed correctly.
And it is all because of you. You went back and fourth with me with all these device ID's and I did give up, but started again this weekend reading all your posts again. I tried each of those with trial and error and much frustration but eventually it works.

Suren6791,

View attachment 523132

It also shows up in system info but until such time that Apple provides some support for it I am very happy with the RX580.
Screen Shot 2021-06-28 at 3.36.34 PM.png

And it is all because of you. You went back and fourth with me with all these device ID's and I did give up, but started again this weekend reading all your posts again. I tried each of those with trial and error and much frustration but eventually it works.
Thank you for kind words! Now you can imagine what it was like for me to try to figure it all out! :lol:

I'm just glad for you it was all over. The amazing performance you're getting is worth all the effort at least.

You're most welcome. :thumbup:

Suren6791,

How did you get Rocket Lake going? I'm stuck on this for weeks now :(
Maybe you can help me out. :crazy:

Suren6791,

How did you get Rocket Lake going? I'm stuck on this for weeks now :(
Maybe you can help me out. :crazy:
For my Z490 Vision D, I used @CaseySJ EFI from Hackindrom for IntelWireless and AMD GPU and it worked. Had to have the latest bios installed. For my Asus B560-F it was a constant battle and i ended putting that board aside for my son as a gaming board.

For my Z490 Vision D, I used @CaseySJ EFI from Hackindrom for IntelWireless and AMD GPU and it worked. Had to have the latest bios installed. For my Asus B560-F it was a constant battle and i ended putting that board aside for my son as a gaming board.
I'm going to give that a try tomorrow, and I guess your son got lucky!

Either way thanks!!:thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back