Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey now i am using macOS Sierra. How can i use
macOS High Sierra? i tried a lot but failed again and again. When i boot from clover apple logo appears and restart ,after that i use boot flag like dart=0 nv_disable=1 keepsyms=1 -serial=0*2 i also tried darkwake=0 npci=0*2000 but nothing help me. please can any one success to update
macOS High Sierra? please help me. what to do? what is my problem?
rocket88 if u can please help me out.
my config are....
i7 6800k
gtx 750ti 4gb
ram 16 gb
hdd wd 2tb
gigabyte designer ex mobo.
Thanks in advance.

Attached is my latest EFI for 10.13.2 (High Sierra).
My system consists of the same mother board with the i7-6950x overclocked to 4.2 MHz & the AMD Vega 64 graphics card.
I am using no DSDTs or SSDTs. Everything works except sleep. I am using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (courtesy of Nick Woodhams) because the system won't boot without it,
PMDrvr.kext (courtesy of Brumbaer & KGP) so that my BIOS settings for overclocking work without having to create an SSDT. USB 3.0 finally works! (Thanks KGP).
You will need to do whatever is necessary to make your system talk to the Nvidia card.
Read the EFI_2017_12_19__R4359.txt that comes with the attached zip file. I have removed serial numbers in config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI_2017_12_19__R4359.zip
    10.7 MB · Views: 224
My system consists of the same mother board with the i7-6950x overclocked to 4.2 MHz & the AMD Vega 64 graphics card.
I am using no DSDTs or SSDTs. Everything works except sleep. I am using OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (courtesy of Nick Woodhams) because the system won't boot without it,
PMDrvr.kext (courtesy of Brumbaer & KGP) so that my BIOS settings for overclocking work without having to create an SSDT. USB 3.0 finally works! (Thanks KGP).
You will need to do whatever is necessary to make your system talk to the Nvidia card.
Read the EFI_2017_12_19__R4359.txt that comes with the attached zip file. I have removed serial numbers in config.plist.

bro thanks a lot... u make my day.
Rocket88 i love u man

hey Rocket88 please help me out....i need to work wifi on my hackintosh is there any way to use wifi from mobo? if yes please tell the process. thank you bro.

hey Rocket88 please help me out....i need to work wifi on my hackintosh is there any way to use wifi from mobo? if yes please tell the process. thank you bro.
I guess this means you got your system running??

The WiFi on the GA-X99-Designare will not work. I am cheap, so I use an ethernet cable.
WiFi will require an external card such as the "PC/HACKINTOSH - APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0" http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh
See TonyMac January Guide for a list of other Wifi cards also.

I guess this means you got your system running??

The WiFi on the GA-X99-Designare will not work. I am cheap, so I use an ethernet cable.
WiFi will require an external card such as the "PC/HACKINTOSH - APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0" http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh
See TonyMac January Guide for a list of other Wifi cards also.

I am trying to do a fresh install of High Sierra right now (ProTools finally supports High Sierra) and I cannot figure out how to get past the dual graphics Vesa driver issue (even though I only have one 1080TI card installed for this High Sierra update) "Window Server Service only ran for 0 seconds" is my downfall. Has anyone figured this out? RehabMan's thread (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-disabling-discrete-graphics-in-dual-gpu-laptops.163772/) is, i'm sure, very informative, but I cannot figure out what the hell any of that means.

What has been everyone elses solution for getting HighSierra to get past this point, since we all have similar hardware?

As a note, I also tried your config file @Rocket88, but I could not get it to work even with removing your AMD changes. I have attatched the modified version I tried using.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.4 KB · Views: 289
Hey now i am using macOS Sierra. How can i use
macOS High Sierra? i tried a lot but failed again and again. When i boot from clover apple logo appears and restart ,after that i use boot flag like dart=0 nv_disable=1 keepsyms=1 -serial=0*2 i also tried darkwake=0 npci=0*2000 but nothing help me. please can any one success to update
macOS High Sierra? please help me. what to do? what is my problem?
rocket88 if u can please help me out.
my config are....
i7 6800k
gtx 750ti 4gb
ram 16 gb
hdd wd 2tb
gigabyte designer ex mobo.
Thanks in advance.

Hey @johnadam54,

You have Nvidia, like me, can you share you config so I can see how you got the install to start?

Thanks

No? Is this thread dead?

Hello guys, how is X99 doing? I am still using Sierra 10.12.1, very stable with following problems unsolved.

Working
* Boot, sleep, wake up, lan, hdmi (no audio), dp
* Nvme m.2

Partly working
* Wifi on board not working so used a pci card.
* Bluetooth onboard not working so used USB IO Gear dongle.
* on WakeUp ejects all external drives and bluetooth dongle, reconnects on wake up with drives ejected notification displayed.
* 3.1 Works if connected on boot up, onwake up drops

Not Working
* 3.0 Not working
* Thunderbolt not working

Works: All the important things.
USB, finally. This includes USB 3.0 & 3.1.
Vega64 video card

Things that don't work in 10.13.6:
Bluetooth - Most of the time.
Samsung 960 EVO - Flaky piece of junk. It apparently does not support APFS, so don't use it to boot from.
Vega64 fan runs too fast unless a video is on the screen.
Sleep.
Ability to use keyboard to adjust sound volume.

Things that don't work in 10.14 GM:
Same as above.
TRIM
USB 3.0/3.1. I suspect I need a new Kext Patch from PMHeart
Digital Out Sound is missing.

My Geekbench scores are higher with 10.14. (39500 .vs. 41300).
Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 2.16.38 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 4.17.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2018-09-22 at 4.14.34 PM.png

Works: All the important things.
USB, finally. This includes USB 3.0 & 3.1.
Vega64 video card

Things that don't work in 10.13.6:
Bluetooth - Most of the time.
Samsung 960 EVO - Flaky piece of junk. It apparently does not support APFS, so don't use it to boot from.
Vega64 fan runs too fast unless a video is on the screen.
Sleep.
Ability to use keyboard to adjust sound volume.

Things that don't work in 10.14 GM:
Same as above.
TRIM
USB 3.0/3.1. I suspect I need a new Kext Patch from PMHeart
Digital Out Sound is missing.

My Geekbench scores are higher with 10.14. (39500 .vs. 41300).View attachment 352188View attachment 352189View attachment 352190
Thanks for the update Rocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back