Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

First, sorry for my English, I’m francophone.

Second, thank you Rocket88 for this thread and thank you to the other contributors. It was very helpful.

Thanks to you all, I successfully installed my Sierra 10.12.6 hackintosh by following the Rocket88 instructions. But, of course, it wouldn’t be funny without some issues.

So, this post for a little help.

This is what I’m encountering :

- The RAM that shows up in « About your Mac » is the Rocket88’s one. I have 64 GB (4x16 GB) 2800 Mhz GSkill Tridentz RAM and the hackintosh shows 32 GB 3600 MHz while Clover Configurator shows them as GSkill Ripjaws RAM. I checked the « Trust » option in the SMBIOS settings of Clover Configurator, but without him able to fix that.
So, if someone knows how to make the RAM automatically recognised, it will be very appreciated.

- All USB port is working, but at 2.0 speed. Any solution for my USB 3.0, 3.1 and Thunderbolt to be working properly ?

- I have no sound too, but I don’t really care as I will use a usb sound card, a focusrite Scarlett. But, if there’s solution to fix that, I will be interested.

- If the hackintosh is not connected to the internet, I have clock issue making the computer unusable.
After the boot, it show notification massage at the top right of the screen saying « Incorrect System Hour . And, I built this computer for video editing essentially, not for my everyday use as I don’t know how secure could be this sort of computer when connected to the internet. So I really built this for not being connected to the internet 24/24.
Is there a way to make it work without the internet?

So, third, thank you in advance to anyone who could help me.

PS : The mobo’s bios is F4
Your English is pretty good.
RAM: I hand edited config.plist with my RAM settings. I'm not sure that it matters.
USB: I have never gotten 3.0 speeds except for the red connector on the motherboard, and the USB3.1 connector.
Sound: I use a USB adapter because it was cheap, easy, and reliable.
Thunderbolt: I have never tried it, but I have read that you have to log into windows and install the driver that you download from the gigabyte site.
Clock: That's a new one for me. I am always connected to the internet. Maybe you don't have the default BCLK setting?

Your English is pretty good.
Thank you.

RAM: I hand edited config.plist with my RAM settings. I'm not sure that it matters.
How do you do that?
I can only modify the config.plist via Clover Configurator.
And is there a sofware to test the RAM to make sure the hackintosh is really using all the RAM?

USB: I have never gotten 3.0 speeds except for the red connector on the motherboard, and the USB3.1 connector.
I will try this out.

Thunderbolt: I have never tried it, but I have read that you have to log into windows and install the driver that you download from the gigabyte site.
I don't have Windows and don't want to pay a licence for something I will never use. I will try to find a way, maybe with a friend who could have it and use it temporarily just for that.

Clock: That's a new one for me. I am always connected to the internet. Maybe you don't have the default BCLK setting?
I fixed it by doing another entire installation in another SSD.

But, I have a new issue. My QuickTime player doesn't work. I have this message when I'm trying to play a video : The document "Name of the video" could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-101)
Did you or anyone encountered that?

Thank you for your answer.

But, I have a new issue. My QuickTime player doesn't work. I have this message when I'm trying to play a video : The document "Name of the video" could not be opened. An unknown error occurred (-101)
I just found the way to fix that and... great news it fixes the sound issue too.
In fact this QuickTime issue is related to the no sound issue.
You just have to install voodooHDA, restart the computer and you will have in System Preferences > Sound, options that will shows up and the sound (with a lot of "wind") will work, as well as QuickTime player.

If you want thunderbolt to work, you have to download and run the thunderboltFW updater from Gigabyte on a windows OS. otherwise there is no way to flash the thunderbolt chip with new firmware. Also, all thunderbolt devices have to be turned on/attached before boot and cannot be hot swapped

For USB3, I get USB3.0 speeds on all of my ports. I use USBInjectAll.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext. I think these are still the ones that affect that. However I just updated to 10.12.6 and I'm going over all my KEXT's now to check what is useable.

I did just install the Lilu.kext and NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext to see if these would solve my AGDPFix fun after every update.

I'm trying to get my hack to recognize my Broadwell-E 6900k in system info, but still cant get it to. Very confused here. Still working.

If you want thunderbolt to work, you have to download and run the thunderboltFW updater from Gigabyte on a windows OS. otherwise there is no way to flash the thunderbolt chip with new firmware. Also, all thunderbolt devices have to be turned on/attached before boot and cannot be hot swapped
Thank you GodHawk. Yes, I have to find a Windows OS somewhere to install it in an hard drive. Will do that next month, can't right now.

For USB3, I get USB3.0 speeds on all of my ports. I use USBInjectAll.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and FakePCIID.kext. I think these are still the ones that affect that. However I just updated to 10.12.6 and I'm going over all my KEXT's now to check what is useable.
I have all of this three kexts as I followed the Rocket88 guide. Except that I just get rid of the DSDT from ACPI/patched as "I was stuck on the same point as everyone else above" like x86tosh said in his post #71. Big Thank you to him too.
So I tested every USB port with an USB key and Blackmagic speed test app, and only the USB 3.1 seems to work at a high speed. Don't know if it's the USB 3.1 speed but definitely the USB 3.0 one. But the others are only at USB 2.0 despite all the kexts you mentioned

I'm trying to get my hack to recognize my Broadwell-E 6900k in system info, but still cant get it to. Very confused here. Still working.
Otherwise, my GPU and CPU are fully recognised by my hacksierra. Only, my RAM is not properly recognised. The CPU shows up as "3,6 Ghz-6-core Intel Xeon E5".
Did you signed with MacPro 6,1?

I have upgraded the RAM 4x8=32gb to 8x8gb=64gb. "SMBIOS", I have tried "Trust" Disabled and Enabled as well.
Newly added RAM is not recognized.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (PC4-19200) C14 Memory Kit

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 7.54.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 7.54.10 PM.png
    106.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 7.54.04 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 7.54.04 PM.png
    296.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 7.50.15 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-01 at 7.50.15 PM.png
    572.7 KB · Views: 115
I have upgraded the RAM 4x8=32gb to 8x8gb=64gb. "SMBIOS", I have tried "Trust" Disabled and Enabled as well.
Newly added RAM is not recognized.

Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4 DRAM 2400MHz (PC4-19200) C14 Memory Kit
It looks correct, but I don't have a way to test. What happens if your remove all of the memory from config.plist?
As far as I can tell, the memory data in config.plist is only for looks. Also, when you boot your machine, does the bios show 32Gig or 64 Gig?

No difference if all memory config is removed from config.plist.
Bios is recognising total 64gb RAM.

It looks correct, but I don't have a way to test. What happens if your remove all of the memory from config.plist?
As far as I can tell, the memory data in config.plist is only for looks. Also, when you boot your machine, does the bios show 32Gig or 64 Gig?

Attachments

• Unknown.jpeg
    Unknown.jpeg
    237.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 10.33.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 10.33.07 PM.png
    152.1 KB · Views: 105
No difference if all memory config is removed from config.plist.
Bios is recognising total 64gb RAM.
What does activity monitor show? Attached is what mine looks like with 32Meg. The only other thing I can think of is the memory needs to be in a certain slot on the mother board. Look at your user's manual.

Attachments

• Activity Monitor Screen Shot .png
    Activity Monitor Screen Shot .png
    123.5 KB · Views: 93
activity monitor

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 11.35.58 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 11.35.58 PM.png
    396.9 KB · Views: 93
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back