Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok....update for everyone that wants to know...
This mobo does not ship with a speaker.
Use F_PANEL (ORANGE) connecter to plug in a speaker for your post beep (and diagnostic beeps)

1.AWARD BIOS 1short beep :System normal
2 short beep :CMOS Error
1 long beep and 1 short beep:Memory error
1 long beep and 2 short beep:Graphic card error
1 long beep and 3 short beep :AGP error
1 long beep and 9 short beep :Memory Error
Continuous long beep :Memory not correctly installed
Continuous short beep :Power supply unit failed
2.AMI BIOS 1 short beep :Memory Error
2 short beep:Memory parity check error.
3 short beep :basic memory 64K address check error
4 short beep :Real Time Clock malfunction .
5 short beep :CPU error
6 short beep:Keyboard error
7 short beep :CPU interruption error
8 short beep:Graphic card error
9 short beep :Memory error
10 short beep :CMOS error
11 short beep :CPU cache memory malfunction

Gigabyte tech support told me to start with the following...
Install speaker
Remove CPU
Remove RAM
Install F3 BIOS file on a flash drive formatted to FAT32
http://www.gigabyte.us/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5812#bios
Rename the file X99DEX.F3 to GIGABYTE.bin
Run Q-Flash

I will let everyone know IF this works when I get the speaker I ordered here...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01DM56TFY/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Hi, michaiel

1 Remove mobo battery for few sec and put it back again
2 Remove everything that are connected to your PC except [Use Wired keyboard and mouse only]
3 if you have SLI , just keep one of your graphic cards on Only
4 Disconnect all hard drives and remove m.2 if its there . ( power cable and data sata cables )
5 use one Stick of your Ram in the first slot on the far Left . if didn't work out use the 2nd slot from far left

note : just keep the mobo connected with the power sub ( Two cables ) And one graphic card and one Ram as explained above and ofc cpu cooler on .. thats it

finally ..
1 prepare your Bios update file ready on USB
2 power up , and update your bios .. load opt only
3 shutdown .. then plug in whatever you had before while setting up your rams sticks properly by the book :)

Good luck

Hi, michaiel

1 Remove mobo battery for few sec and put it back again
2 Remove everything that are connected to your PC except [Use Wired keyboard and mouse only]
3 if you have SLI , just keep one of your graphic cards on Only
4 Disconnect all hard drives and remove m.2 if its there . ( power cable and data sata cables )
5 use one Stick of your Ram in the first slot on the far Left . if didn't work out use the 2nd slot from far left

note : just keep the mobo connected with the power sub ( Two cables ) And one graphic card and one Ram as explained above and ofc cpu cooler on .. thats it

finally ..
1 prepare your Bios update file ready on USB
2 power up , and update your bios .. load opt only
3 shutdown .. then plug in whatever you had before while setting up your rams sticks properly by the book :)

Good luck

Thanks for reply...
Ironically I have have done this at various times for the last month with Gigabyte tech phone support....
I only have one GPU and have another one coming to try next.
What bugs me is that I asked them repeatedly why I never got any audible code(s) (beeps) out of the board. I assumed the mobo had a speaker built in for 420.00 and they assumed I already had a board mounted speaker. I finally realized I needed a speaker and ordered it.
I will update everyone when I get the speaker and GPU and figure this out.

THE MOTHER OF ALL F@#K UPS IS ASSUMING.....

Sorry Rocket, not trying to take over your thread and steal your thunder.....

Thanks for reply...
Ironically I have have done this at various times for the last month with Gigabyte tech phone support....
I only have one GPU and have another one coming to try next.
What bugs me is that I asked them repeatedly why I never got any audible code(s) (beeps) out of the board. I assumed the mobo had a speaker built in for 420.00 and they assumed I already had a board mounted speaker. I finally realized I needed a speaker and ordered it.
I will update everyone when I get the speaker and GPU and figure this out.

THE MOTHER OF ALL F@#K UPS IS ASSUMING.....

Sorry Rocket, not trying to take over your thread and steal your thunder.....

So your issue is that you as soon as you power up your pc , it shut down correct ?

it's works, that's rock
Thank's Rocket

great job , sadly i had kernal panic .. same specs but using GTX 970 2.0 SC
really sad here :(

i wish somebody could help me with it else i have to spend load of money for freakin imac :S

So your issue is that you as soon as you power up your pc , it shut down correct ?

It will IF I remove the CPU and RAM. If I have the RAM and CPU installed it will run indefinitely with a black screen

It will IF I remove the CPU and RAM. If I have the RAM and CPU installed it will run indefinitely with a black screen
Check your monitor tbh and cables , try using another monitor perhaps your tv
Or using another ports hdmi dvi DisplayPort etc , borrow your friend graphic card to see if your current card is failing..

Check your monitor tbh and cables , try using another monitor perhaps your tv
Or using another ports hdmi dvi DisplayPort etc , borrow your friend graphic card to see if your current card is failing..

I have 2 DVI monitors that were working fine from my previous build and another GPU coming...

Seeking some help please.

I followed the steps exactly.

I seem to be stuck in a boot loop.

I made it all the way to Step 8 on "Installing on a New Machine"

But now, when I select "Boot macOS from XXX" it goes to that black screen and loads up a bunch (i.e. lots of white texts flying up) then reboots after 30 seconds.

I can hold f12 on boot and get to the clover boot manager just fine. I was soooooo close! Can anyone help on that very last step?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT - False alarm! It just worked after the 3rd or 4th try.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back