Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 8 slots. I originally set my computer up as a Mac Pro 5,1. I used Slots 0,1,4,5 to match the Mac Pro configuration. I think putting memory in config.plist is only for show. If you run Activity Monitor, it will probably show that you have 128 GB of Physical Memory. Let me know if I am correct.

Now i have 128GB of ram showing everyware.
I just remove the 4 ram entery In your config.plist file, under the SMBIOS memory section.

I set my computer up as a Mac Pro 6,1. I did not check the Activity Monitor yet.
I will let you know.
Thanks.

I have 8 slots. I originally set my computer up as a Mac Pro 5,1. I used Slots 0,1,4,5 to match the Mac Pro configuration. I think putting memory in config.plist is only for show. If you run Activity Monitor, it will probably show that you have 128 GB of Physical Memory. Let me know if I am correct.

I have sussessfully installed macOS Mojave on my SATA SSD but I cannot install on my M.2.
My system showing the M.2 as an External drive.

I have sussessfully installed macOS Mojave on my SATA SSD but I cannot install on my M.2.
My system showing the M.2 as an External drive.
I had a ton of problems with my Samsung 960EVO (M.2) and it does show up as an external drive, so I just gave up. I loaded Windows 10 on it. What a waste of $400+ dollars.

I had a ton of problems with my Samsung 960EVO (M.2) and it does show up as an external drive, so I just gave up. I loaded Windows 10 on it. What a waste of $400+ dollars.
I have sussesfully run macOS from my M.2.
1. First i install it on a sata ssd
2. then i use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone my macOS to my M.2.
Now my macOS is running from M.2.

Hi Rocket,

Please find enclosed my EFI, BIOS setup file (for F5, you can load it from an USB memory in FAT) please notice I am not using Bluetooth. Searching for a Thunderbolt hot swap solution...

I think my USB kext is better, all the ports working including internal first USB2 connector and second USB3 connector (better for my case) You don´t need any USB port limit patch.

My video card is a RX580.

Best

JLC

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    25 MB · Views: 211
Hey JLC,
Thank you. Your files solved some of my problems. USB & TRIM work great

Guys I notice my NVME M.2 Samsung 950pro 500gb is extremely slow. What could be the reason? The stick is installed on NMVE slot on Gigabyte x99 Designare.
I have an update, moved my M.2 from its slot to PCIE with an adapter. Now the speeds are perfect and system performance has increased drastically, obviously :)

Hello, I have OSx 10.12.1 currently, thinking to upgrade, any suggestions?

Hi @Rocket88 and all,

I am not sure if you still have the DSDT for F4 and would like to share it. Since there's no F4c or F5 BIOS available on website.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back