Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
@johnadam54, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

hi
Rocket88
i did everything you post from A to Z and i dont know why it just doesnt work for me.
my pc ....

processor intel core i7 6800k (broadwell e)
mobo: ga x99 designer ex
graphic card: gigabyte gtx 750ti 4gb
ram g.skill 16 gb
hdd wd 2tb
monitor samsung 21.5 inch curved full hd
casing antec p9
picture booting fail....
pls help me.

Attachments

• IMG_0091.JPG
    IMG_0091.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 92
I ran into problems also with the motherboard & a couple of times I had to reset the CMOS by putting a jumper across the CMOS reset pins for a second, then removing the jumper. Other problems will occur if you have an EFI folder inside of a EFI folder. Clover expects things to be in a certain place. Also the DSDT file needs to be in the /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder. Don't mess with overclocking until you get the system to boot successfully.
hey man i need help from u....pls give me your mail

The Rules said:
Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter

I have the i7-6950x.
When I upgraded to BIOS F4, I had to make the following change to my config.plist file:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>5960X 10.12</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SIH7AAAAQA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOPCIFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SIH7AAAAgA==
</data>
</dict>

I have the i7-6950x.
When I upgraded to BIOS F4, I had to make the following change to my config.plist file:
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SIH7AAAAQA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SIH7AAAAgA==
</data>
</dict>
can u make a youtube video? it will help us. please

BIG BIG THANKS TO Tonymac Community, @Rocket88 and many other people I will name each one in detailed post.

I followed most of @Rocket88 Guide and made a successful installation. Will write more in detail, I am a bit occupied with Migration currently.

WORKING
Graphics, all ports.
Audio
All USB Ports (Not checked stability and speeds, 3.1 didn't come back from sleep with Wacom Bamboo)
C port, Thunderbolt not tested.
Ethernet
CD/DVD writer
Sleep, Reset, Restart, Shutdown.
imessage, itunes, siri

NOT WORKING
Wifi
Bluetooth (shows up as recognised in System report but doesn't work)

HARDWARE LIST
GA X99 Designare
GTX 970
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2400Mhz 8gb x 4
M.2 512gb Samsung 950 Pro (Startup Disk, not placed on mobo until installation got over with Ocz)
128gb SSD Ocz Vertex - 3 (Old one to start installation and using as back up boot drive)
WD 1TB for Data Files (Connected much later not during installation)
WD 2TB for Time Machine (Connected much later not during installation)
PSU Corsair Ax 860
Cabinet Corsair 600Q
CPU Cooler Deep cool Captain 360
DVD Writer LG
USB Logitech Keyboard
USB Mouse
Monitor: I have Dell u2711 in service station used my AOC Tv for installation through Hdmi.
can u upoad your efi folder please so that i can use. thanks in advance

I have the i7-6950x.
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
SIH7AAAAQA==
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
SIH7AAAAgA==
</data>
</dict>
When you updated to F4 BIOS, did you gain any new abilities previously unusable? Or did you just do it for fun?

When you updated to F4 BIOS, did you gain any new abilities previously unusable? Or did you just do it for fun?
I noticed no change. (And I did it for fun, thinking that I would get new features).

Hello everyone.

First, sorry for my English, I’m francophone.

Second, thank you Rocket88 for this thread and thank you to the other contributors. It was very helpful.

Thanks to you all, I successfully installed my Sierra 10.12.6 hackintosh by following the Rocket88 instructions. But, of course, it wouldn’t be funny without some issues.

So, this post for a little help.

This is what I’m encountering :

- The RAM that shows up in « About your Mac » is the Rocket88’s one. I have 64 GB (4x16 GB) 2800 Mhz GSkill Tridentz RAM and the hackintosh shows 32 GB 3600 MHz while Clover Configurator shows them as GSkill Ripjaws RAM. I checked the « Trust » option in the SMBIOS settings of Clover Configurator, but without him able to fix that.
So, if someone knows how to make the RAM automatically recognised, it will be very appreciated.

- All USB port is working, but at 2.0 speed. Any solution for my USB 3.0, 3.1 and Thunderbolt to be working properly ?

- I have no sound too, but I don’t really care as I will use a usb sound card, a focusrite Scarlett. But, if there’s solution to fix that, I will be interested.

- If the hackintosh is not connected to the internet, I have clock issue making the computer unusable.
After the boot, it show notification massage at the top right of the screen saying « Incorrect System Hour . And, I built this computer for video editing essentially, not for my everyday use as I don’t know how secure could be this sort of computer when connected to the internet. So I really built this for not being connected to the internet 24/24.
Is there a way to make it work without the internet?

So, third, thank you in advance to anyone who could help me.

PS : The mobo’s bios is F4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back