Contribute
Register

Rocket 88 - i7-6950x & Gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX - Sierra 10.12.2

Status
Not open for further replies.
thid you changed the cpu plist to 15
post please a screnshot of verbose

Changed it to 15, but still getting the forbidden image. Attached image with last log lines.

Sometimes it shows that "boot-uuid-media" message, sometimes not.

Attachments

• IMG_20170626_225654.jpg
    IMG_20170626_225654.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 89
Changed it to 15, but still getting the forbidden image. Attached image with last log lines.

Sometimes it shows that "boot-uuid-media" message, sometimes not.

Go to USB media Sistem / Library / Extensions / and delete Apleintelcpupowermanagement.kext
and you well past this ..screen normally i don't now why it show because i applied already the patch for this error

Go to USB media Sistem / Library / Extensions / and delete Apleintelcpupowermanagement.kext
and you well past this ..screen normally i don't now why it show because i applied already the patch for this error

Couldn't find a way to that Library/Extensions folder. :confused:

After trying a couple things and disabling the kext-debug mode, I got into something that looks like progress!

Image attached.

I don't think I renamed the installation app, so I'm not sure what it is.

This is the hardest OSX installation I ever had :'(

Thanks once again for your help @gajaciosif !

Attachments

• IMG_20170626_233936.jpg
    IMG_20170626_233936.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75
the efi that i gev you its god but you must open the plist file frome efi clover with clover configurator and try some setings in acpi and kernel and kext patches ...try one by one and do some restarts to try

the efi that i gev you its god but you must open the plist file frome efi clover with clover configurator and try some setings in acpi and kernel and kext patches ...try one by one and do some restarts to try

Tried almost every flag one by one, and still stuck. Most of the time after "PCI configuration begin" section and then the "mbinit" line.

Tried all the USB ports. Going to buy this week a new USB stick just in case and try again :'(
The last screenshot I posted appears to be the furthest it goes, and it appears to be something related to USB.

Hey can someone help me install thunderbolt/firewire, so far I have got almost everything working with the x99 designer ex but can't seem to get thunderbolt work. I need it for sound as my audio device connects through firewire. I am using a firewire to TB2 adaptor then TB2 to TB3/USB type C adaptor. It is working fine in windows and I have tried updating and flashing from windows multiple times, but as soon as I boot from mac i have no sound at all and it does not detect my audio interface through thunderbolt, under system information it just says "no drivers installed"

I can't get the build in audio to work either, does anyone know what kext I would need to install?

Last edited:
@Jaliev, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

I managed to finally get into the installation screen and run a successful installation for 10.12.5!!
Changing a few things from @michaiel 's EFI folder in his guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-gigabyte-x99-ga-x99-designare-ex-i7-6950x.214481/ as it was getting stuck on the clover bootloader.

The Titan X is working fine after some hiccups with the AGDPFix (crashed the first time I ran it and it corrupted the caches, which I could only fix by reinstalling everything over again from the recovery partition).

Attached is my final USB's EFI partition for these that were having problems at the mbinit / PCI configuration.

Thanks everybody for the help!

Attachments

• EFI Sierra.zip
    4.5 MB · Views: 107
Managed to get thunderbolt working by changing a few settings in the BIOS. Has anyone managed to get the built in audio on the motherboard working without an external audio device?

bro can u make a video with gigabyte GA-X99-Designare EX mobo how to install mac os. It will be very helpful to us. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back