Contribute
Register

Rock Solid On Asus Sabertooth X79(except sleep)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
My Golden Hac Pro
CPU
Intel Core i7 3930K
Graphics
AMD 6850
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey mate,

Which settings did you use to get yours working? I keep getting boot0 errors or kernel pannics with my X79 Sabertooth. These are the settings I used:

multibeastinstall1osx86.jpg

That's the same settings I used.. I think you have a problem in bios.. I was getting boot0 error I fixed it by changing cstate to enabled rather than auto.. I will send you exact setting when I get home..

Cheers!

Thanks man, that would be really helpful. This worked fine with Mountain Lion? I bought Mountain Lion from the app store, followed the instructions exactly and couldn't get it to work just kept getting panics on boot. I've now gone and got Lion and 10.7.0 installs fine, I might try updating it thisarvo because I need to get to 10.7.4 before by GTX 670 will work properly.

Did you do a fresh install of Mountain Lion or have you upgraded from Lion?

Is you MAC working.

I am trying to build at sytem similas.
Did you fix the problems? please let me know and if you have more details about.
Thanks
Appreciate u help.

hi all,

finally mountain lion running on my hackinPro and all hardware running well, but i have something weird when try software update for some app, the updated will be download the update successful but when try to instal it's always say the .dmg it's corrupt or damage, is anyone have same problem like this? it's only happen when i download from apple software but if i download from another web for another program the .dmg will be running well, anyone can help?

I am trying to build at sytem similas.
Did you fix the problems? please let me know and if you have more details about.
Thanks
Appreciate u help.

Hey mate

My problem ended up being the FakeSMC nVidia plugin - I don't need to use it and when I did it caused Kernel Panics

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let you know ML is running smoothly on Asus Sabertooth X79. No sleep though. Will have to wait until Apple releases new product with lga2011 support.

I had to follow Colton328's guide (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html) to get my amd 6850 working.

Other than that it's no issues.

Thank you Tonymac and MacMan.

Cheers.
Hi Boynep...
can you please share your multibeast setting and bios ( whats version you running )

I have ran sabertooth x79 and i3930k ... With ML but my cpu's cache didnt right ! It show only 1mb
35740d1351058262-ahci-sabertooth-x79-1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back